a thousand times this

Sharpe
Morse
Interceptor

Thewlis as well.

Does shooting the past count?

The Singing Detective

2 Likes

Probably shouldnā€™t say this but I bloody loved Taboo.

If weā€™re talking things that still hold up now, and changed the way tv was done going forward, another shout for The Office and The Day Today. Blackadder is still one of the funniest comedy series, and Utopia was/is incredible.

No love for Alan Partridge?

2 Likes

One of my top 5 of all time. Iā€™d consider it a classic but I donā€™t know if the masses would.

auf wiedersehen, pet

1 Like

This Is England should also be considered as a classic. Itā€™s fucking brilliant.

2 Likes

Love This is England. Absolutely harrowing in many places but still incredible moments of warmth which i donā€™t think American shows have ever matched (or any previous British shows either). I still think of that scene where Lol goes to visit Combo in prison to tell him thank you and she loves him for what he did. Maybe how dark it is prevents it from being an out and out classic in peopleā€™s minds, I could imagine it being a bit much for some which is understandable.

Red Riding was wonderful too, I need to rewatch that havenā€™t seen it since it was originally shown.

Watched Red Riding again a few weeks ago: still great

Game On

2 Likes

I actually started rewatching it recently and had to duck out, just because I knew what was coming and was feeling particularly emotionally vulnerable at the time. Shows how powerful it was though. As I think I mentioned on here before, that ā€˜fightā€™ scene between Woody and Milky was just outstanding, the most real fight Iā€™ve ever seen on TV or in a film. Hardly any actual hitting, just lots of emotion and not knowing what to do.

Black Books

I still use the phrase ā€˜double hard bastardā€™ all the time.

edge of darkness

???