Really a very boring thread about mattresses

The T & C’s say no need to roll back into the box! A victory!

I don’t think they need to go back in the box, no idea if that’d even be possible, but you’d need to be at home for them to pick it up, and it’d be a bastard just getting a king out of a room and down the stairs

1 Like

Got this one and - as someone who would previously have considered themselves to be ambivalent at best about mattresses - it is no exaggeration when I say that I would literally die for this mattress.

3 Likes

Seems like so much effort

HOVAG king is only £240 though
so more change for the honeymoon?

I really hate our HOVAG. hard to put my finger on exactly what it is but I find it very uncomfortable

Weird. I love mine. The comfiest bed I’ve ever had and i’ve slept so well since I got that mattress.

My current mattress is probably the best one I’ve ever had, but it’s just from Ikea (one of the more expensive ones there, mind). The mattress itself is pretty hard and I have a slightly softer covering mattress. Excellent setup.

I’ve become way too picky about other beds though, like if I sleep over anywhere the bed will always feel either too soft or too hard and my back starts complaining.

2 Likes

Yeah I barely slept at all when I went home at Christmas, because the futon we were sleeping on is so hard that I’d get a dead leg if I tried to sleep on my side. I like a firm mattress, but for ffs’ sake.

Weird that nobody has ever had a good night’s sleep on a futon and anyone who claims otherwise is a dirty liar.

Would genuinely prefer an airbed

1 Like

:open_mouth:

THAT’S THE LAST TIME YOU GET AN INVITE TO CHEZ PLASTIC

1 Like

I drank enough to sleep like a baby

oh shit

i slept on it for three nights when plasticmike was ill a couple of weeks ago and found it surprisingly fine, didn’t sleep badly or wake up in the night or anything :woman_shrugging:

Tbh I don’t sleep particularly well on anything other than the Billy large bollocks super king now. Once I’m asleep I’m fine but takes me forever to fall asleep anywhere else

5 Likes

Forgot I’d even made this thread. Got an Eve, the most comfortable mattress I’ve ever slept on. Pretty much any memory foam is good unless you’re one of those really sweaty people that get proper hot at night.

only when i move out of rental properties in a pathetic attempt to hide tea stains.

1 Like

Coffee?

I hate mattress stuff.

We got a memory foam one in the UK and in the end I think it was shit. Too soft.

We didn’t get sprung because I know I’m always moving about and I worried it would create a huge jelly effect for my wife.

Currently we have an IKEA bed with their nicest sprung slats and a big fat mattress that is foam and it’s good.