Really a very boring thread about mattresses

Here’s the issue with pillow setups though, ideally you’d have a different setup while you’re on your back to one you’d have on your side, how is it possible to not end up with a measly compromise when you move in your sleep?

1 Like

see above.

1 Like

I have huge pillow issues at the moment.

Normally I like to squeeze the pillow up between a slatted headboard and kind of fold it over a bit. However since we’ve moved, our actual nice bed has been in bits, and pushing the pillow between slats can’t happen, because the headboard is vertically slatted. This means I wake up roughly 10 times in the night as both pillows slowing move up the headboard and my head ends up directly on the bed. NOT GOOD.

1 Like

1 Like

Check out Sally Hasaheadboard over here lads!

Don’t get me wrong, I love my daughter… but every day when I get into bed, a little voice in my head goes “Ooh, this is a nice bed, isn’t it?”

I do not agree with this AT ALL

Hello, I run a foam factory.

8 Likes
4 Likes

@itsgits

:cry:

3 Likes

Remember those care-free pre-Brexit, pre-Trump, pre-May, pre-Nuclear War days.

Great days. Halcyon days.

2 Likes

Memory foam mattresses can get hot as it moulds round your body and there is no air between you and the mattress. Some people get used to this, some don’t and hate it. You may see mattresses with channels, holes, etc cut into them for ‘breathability’. This is marketing bullshit - these will practically disappear as soon as there is any weight on it and they add cost to the product.

MARKETING BULLSHIT

God I fucking love that post

It’s springs over substance though, prof

we have a memory foam mattress topper. i HATE it but gf loves it and she shouts louder than i do. its too warm, it gets all bunched up, its fucking shit and i dont know whats wrong with her to think its great

1 Like

To stop it bunching up, we also have a regular mattress protector on top of it (safety first too being an indie bedwetter natch)…

ffs, what a faff

Dunlopillo, mate.

The fucking best. I have only slept on a Dunlopillo for the last 30 years approx and it’s been the best.

As to mattresses: we have a memory foam one and it’s not firm enough. I think a firm mattress is best for my back so that’s a shame.

We looked at some nice sprung ones but chiefly I felt they were WAY too bouncy. I toss and turn all night and I just imagined our whole bed undulating every time and my wife waking up and being enraged.

There’s about 3 different mrbean.jpgs in that second para alone Theo.

1 Like