Really Fancy

i dont

1 Like

Yes you do

We literally had a poll to disprove this the other week.

Pizza, obviously

Also for a second I thought this thread was about a super fancy type of ice cream sandwich

Espresso and a greyhound to stroke and care for

a vegan donut from the vegan kind website but i keep missing out and canā€™t checkout now for some reason!

probably because youā€™re not a proper vegan

true
iā€™ve just seen the shipping cost is Ā£7.99
nooooo thank you

Ā£8 for one doughnut?

You could have toast and still have Ā£2 left over for a Krispy Kreme

Well itā€™s like Ā£7.99 for shipping and Ā£2.50 a doughnut (omg just realised i wrote doughnut wrong the first way and had a pop at someone on here for doing that, eric maybe?)

but you can order other stuff like cheese and crisps etc. Itā€™s basically like a vegan waitrose

Pretty sure donut is a perfectly acceptable way to spell doughnut although Chrome has just red-underlined it soā€¦ Humm.

Yeah, you definitely need to do a full shop for that to be close to worth it. Unless you order a box of 12 doughnuts, in which case that is okay, right?

No itā€™s not an acceptable way to spell it!

You have to spend over Ā£50 in the shop to get free shipping! I donā€™t need 20 doughnuts, they could be crap for all i know!
Iā€™ll just get a pret brownie tomorrow instead

2 Likes

The dictionary-approved spelling for the ring-shaped cake made of dough and fried in fat is doughnut. The shortened donut has been around since the late 1800s, but it wasnā€™t popularized until the late 20th century, when the successful American doughnut chain Dunkinā€™ Donuts made it ubiquitous. Today, writers outside the U.S. still favor doughnut by a wide margin. Donut appears about a third of the time in published American writing.

Donut is a simpler spelling, so it may grow even more common now that it has a foothold. Those of us who donā€™t wish to assist Dunkinā€™ Donutsā€™s branding would be wise to resist the trend, though.

:smiley:
Well there you go. Doughnut it is.

1 Like
  • Doughnut
  • Donut

0 voters

except Iā€™m using good words, not terrible ones

1 Like

This is why I tried to lower the tone a bit with a person I fancy rather than a thing I could go a.

1 Like

Ooof i just lurrrrve being right

is this how it feels to be @marckee?

1 Like

I canā€™t hear the word fancy without this coming to mind

Shame none of us have a clue who that is.

Literally every single one of you boring pricks watch Countryfile, Iā€™m not buying it for a second, friends.