Really not nerdy and actually very awesome Star Trek thread

the Cardassian guy was a reeeal good baddie though wasn’t he?

4 Likes

actually DS9 fucking rocked!

5 Likes

the guy who turned into a puddle when he got sad or something

4 Likes

The only good Star Trek and it was basically a rip off of Babylon 5

(Actually probably true? There’s always been a rumour that the outline for B5 went to paramount first and they rejected it but then suddenly came out with DS9 :spinning chin stroking emoji:)

thought some of the romance dramas they put in were a bit forced and silly though. I guess Star Trek has always been a bit wonky.

I mean I still want my indie points but at the same time obviously picard was the best

2 Likes

I am DS9 and Piccard lad myself.
However has anyone watched that crazy documentary on Netflix with William Shatner ‘the captains’?

At one point Shatner gets in a cardboard box on the street and says ‘captain in a box, captain in a box’

6 Likes

This was meant to be reply to all

How are holodecks not banned in the Star Trek universe? They go mental 95% of the time. There’s a lot to be said for the Federation but their record on health and safety is abysmal.

7 Likes

star trek is at it’s best for me when it’s kind of just a setting to explore different aspects of morality or philosophy. DS9 is kind of the opposite of that because it became a big space war serial drama

I liked the TNG format though where basically everything was reset to neutral at the end of every episode (I know it got silly when they turned Picard into a Borg but y’know)

1 Like

Farscape was awesome apart from the main guy who was immensely punchable

2 Likes

Essentially a mirror universe where the CGI, sets, acting, and scripts are all far worse but somehow it’s still better

Basically the Pavement to DS9’s Smashing Pumpkins

Favourite recurring alien race.

• Borg
  • Cardassian
  • Vulcan
  • Romulan
  • Klingon
  • Jem’Hadar
  • Ferengi
  • Changelings
  • Species 8472
  • Q
  • Gorn

0 voters

how the fuck did they cast him? I get the feeling he was meant to be the cool rogue han solo figure who figures his way out of every situation but he was just OTT all the time in a Nu Metal kinda way

1 Like

That the fuck is wrong with everyone hating on Voyager, seriously now. It was a toss-up for me between Voyager and DS9, though I will always love TNG too.

Now really really want to sack off working and go on a proper binge watch.

blue girl and the little grumpy puppet lord were awesome

2 Likes

Janeway was awesome but FUCK Nelix

4 Likes

he was just such an also ran character wasn’t he?

Hey look at me and my craaazzy space clothes!

Yeah I have a confession to make: I sometimes try and do our daughter’s hair like Janeway’s hair. Never really works. Neelix is annoying but he’s far from the worst thing on TV.

1 Like

fucking Q!

Can’t believe I forgot about Q.

3 Likes