you and @Gnometorious can partner up on this i reckon. delightful

2 Likes

What’s the owner of IKEA done?

A guitar shop where everyone wasn’t massively condescending

4 Likes

impossible

2 Likes

Ghost’s cheese!

(I always say ghost’s cheese instead of goat’s cheese… No one ever picks up on it)

1 Like

A massive Timpsons with a miniature Sainsburys inside. See how they like it.

7 Likes

For anyone vaguely near Canterbury, I recommend County Music, who have been there since forever and are run by really nice people.

3 Likes

I’d probably do something not very imaginative - records and books. Used to enjoy hanging out with my mate when she worked in a bookshop. Gave recommendations to the customers and confused them when they realised I didn’t actually work there.

1 Like

i feel like folk/sheet music shops that get into guitars are the good ones, as opposed to guitar shops that are pure beta testosterone

1 Like

probably just sell stuff I like and be hugely unsuccessful

and have the size of each department of stuff i like weighted according to how much i like it

Yeah this place is very much “We will sell you the books for your school piano exam, but look at that excellent selection of guitars over there”

1 Like

I’d like to have the skills and the customers to run a furniture restoration workshop.

/cafe/record shop/bookshop/live music venue

1 Like

yesss that’s exactly it. i worked in one for my first job. organ music no one buys and folk guitar brands :slight_smile:

do you ever watch repair shop? it’s my guilty pleasure and i very occasionally shed a tear

If you’re in Newcastle, I can recommend a visit to JG Windows, for exactly this reason:

1 Like

oh mannnnnnn. nostalgia hit

yeah i think they must know that being cocky makes no sense when you sell terrible, awful instruments. bless them

how many do you own?

Oh, you’ve been there before then?

They’ve added this room downstairs in the past few years

The HMV in Northumberland St used to have a downstairs bit for jazz and classical, including soundproofed listening suites. That was a nice way to spend a lunchbreak.

1 Like

yes but not for a v long time, haven’t seen the lower room.

had family that way in the past but no longer. have no reason now to head in that direction :frowning: