24 Likes

19 Likes

Found this in the replies

His legs dangling out the bottom like a Flinstones car :smiley:

4 Likes

love the camera work on this one

1 Like

15 Likes

still probs the funniest thing ever created.

1 Like

As part of my work, I analyse survey responses. This is someone’s response to, ‘What do you like about this haircare product?’

32 Likes

I’ve just started doing online surveys for a bit of extra trickle cash, and now I will use this if I can’t think of an answer for something

1 Like

For Whom the Bert Tolls

15 Likes

incredible

2 Likes

ActuaLOL at that.

This Post Paid For By PROF$.

4 Likes

Where might I sign up for these surveys for a bit of extra cash?

1 Like

You’ll have to ask Whombert I’m afraid, I just get these through from an agency.

4 Likes

Where might I sign up for these surveys for a bit of extra cash?

Body is too similar…

Early Hanson lyrics etc

9 Likes

I think it was @TheWza who mentioned it in another thread that I can’t find any more (it was a while ago) but I signed up with Prolific.co; each study pays peanuts but they take zero time so it’s an acceptable trade-off. It took months for them to accept me, and I’ve only just started, but it seems cool - basically if you like polls (and you are on drownedinsound.com so you probably do like polls) it’s fine!

If it was @TheWza who recommended it then thank you, and if it was someone else and I’ve misattributed it then thank you!

2 Likes

this is exactly the sort of thing I would use as a password because it gives me a little happy brain tingle to say it in my head please don’t hack me

3 Likes

Others may have mentioned it, too, but yeah, I mentioned it here

https://community.drownedinsound.com/t/colc-income-maximisation/68931/14?u=thewza

The short ones that are over in seconds or a couple of minutes pay pennies. But there are some longer and/or more complex ones that take longer (sometimes a few tens of minutes) which pay a few quid. Don’t think I’ve seen any/many over a tenner, but defo see 5/6/7 quid ones. As you say, they all seem a fairly acceptable payment for the time involved.

A bit more detail...

The whole thing is predicated on a profile that asks quite a lot of (sometimes very) personal questions. You’re not obliged to answer every question, but the implication is that the fuller your profile, the more likely it is that surveys/studies will select you as relevant and be made available to you.

There’s also options to be available for video interview stuff, and collaborative studies alongside partners, etc, which I presume increases the value of the survey’s being made available.

I think maybe also you can opt into and out of commercial use vs just doing academic stuff, and I think I opted out of the commercial stuff to (possibly in vain?) try and retain some sort of control over how the profile data is used. There’s usually a bunch of vaguely reassuring ‘Yes, I understand and consent to this’ screening attached to the academic surveys, suggesting a certain amount of die diligence, whereas commercial uses just aren’t going to abide by those ethical standards innit.

1 Like

Advert autocorrect? :person_shrugging:t3: