Reasons you are proud of yourself

What have you done recently which you are proud of?

Could be anything, no matter how big or small. Have you won an Olympic gold medal? Or maybe you have made a life admin phone call you have been putting off?

It’s all good stuff. You should feel proud of yourself, talk about it!

2 Likes

On Tuesday me and Her Indoors won this little squid on the tuppence pushers at the seaside. You think nobody ever wins shit on those but we did, through the power of teamwork.

He is very cute uwu

If you turn him inside out he shows a grompy face

39 Likes

We have a pink and purple one of those, his name is Alejandro.

3 Likes

Quite proud of the way I articulated myself during jury deliberation last week actually. Not great at getting my point across in a group of people but I managed it pretty well.

20 Likes

rearranged my room for the first time in 3 years, everything is so much better and (somewhat) tidier

stopped picking at my beard so often

6 Likes

just gave the recycling bins a proper clean

7 Likes

Sustained a relationship with a lovely person for nearly 13 years

15 Likes

Similar success here

14 Likes

animals seem to really like me

8 Likes

I want a little squid

5 Likes

If i buy myself one would that also be something to be proud of?

4 Likes

Very much so

1 Like

Managed to pull out of my brain fog enough earlier to give some semi-coherent directions for the British Museum to some lost tourists.

Love 2p machines. Want to bunk off work and head for the seaside now.

5 Likes

I can swim a mile pretty easily now because I’ve been regularly swimming for about a year.

Pre-pandemic I was very reliant on pasta and microwave meals but now I cook a lot and can make tasty meals pretty easily.

13 Likes

Finally sorted through and cleared out the spare room. It was the final task in what became a four-year project that included clearing out the loft, insulating it, boarding it out, sorting through all our belongings, boxing up those that were going into storage; donating or discarding things we didn’t want; and now means that we can have people stay over without making them sleep on the sofa.

The room looks great - it’s nice to actually be able to see some of the floor.

It felt like a huge weight had been cleared from my mind and like reaching a proper milestone on the house.

All this was slightly marred when I took the final box up into the loft and found hundreds of mouse droppings up there. So now I have to get rid of the mice, hopefully without having to empty out the loft or lift the boards and insulation.

7 Likes

Have been very firm with (old) work about not taking on daft work from them at low rates, because I can’t let that be their expectation, even though the money now would be quite useful.

I am a high quality supplier, not a bargain basement one!!

9 Likes

I hope

1 Like

Just completed a form. Fucking hate forms. Just completed one. Gonna have an early wine to celebrate.

12 Likes

I had a terrible habit of going through a million plastic biros every year by just picking them up and using them and leaving them everywhere.

In the summer I spent money on a nice pen and I’ve looked after it and not lost it (yet) and stopped creating waste with loads of lost biros.

7 Likes

Doing quite well overall with dog management I think. He’s a weirdo and so much work but think we’ve done pretty good.

8 Likes