Reasons you are proud of yourself

Work is going well (I think?) and people actually seem to be listening to my advice.

Also, made some really nice cheesy French toast for lunch.

7 Likes

Haven’t been on twitter since Tuesday except to follow a link, and then i have done no scrolling if that has happened.

Doesn’t sound much but its a big deal for me and i think it’s helping my head.

6 Likes

I’m the only person in the world who can lick their elbow

6 Likes

i have written 3400 words in my novel so far, and i really like it. it’s fun. bullshit scifi shit, but i like rereading it back so that’s something. never going to reach the end within november of course.

i think that the monday graveyard was good, whilst it lasted, which was good

13 Likes

Cooked 2 evening meals from scratch this week. Ive not properly cooked since F was born over 6 months ago (its been Mr s_w cooking, takeaways, microwave or chuck in the oven meals). Feel really proud and encouraged to do more next week!

9 Likes

Went in that thread about The Smiths on the music board and managed not to post a load of boring wank about Morrissey being an arsehole, even though I really wanted to, quite proud of myself for that.

10 Likes

Managed two full weeks at work without having any wobbles.

6 Likes

Proud of how I’m handling the pandemic.
Proud of my time helping dogs at an awful shelter.
Proud of my “Lisa’s going to marry a carrot” analogy for the media’s mistreatment of Billy Corgan.
Proud of the album I wrote and recorded over a decade ago.

Everything else is just relentless shame and guilt.

4 Likes

I’m the actor, singer and comedian Shane Richie

1 Like

not possible for me to feel proud

Something about heather small etc

Proud that I used to have a really bad back and started Pilates and kept going and now I don’t x

2 Likes

I’ve not drank any alcohol for nearly seven months after somewhat of an extended (cough, twenty year) spell of, shall we say, enjoying a pint.

10 Likes

Also, managed to get my self-employed stuff moving, and whilst it’s not a full-time gig yet it means I’ve been able to cut my hours at my day job down to twenty-four a week. Hoping to drop to eighteen in June.

3 Likes

Managed to moreorless get Billy walking well without pulling on the lead.

On going process but the relief of walking without constant shoulder wrenches is amazing.

4 Likes

How please? Because

3 Likes

:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

Used this How To Stop Your Dog PULLING On The Leash - YouTube

Went to a quiet lane and literally went up and down the same 20 metres for half an hour then just use it on every walk. Just have to say let’s go now and he stops and walks well, I would say 80% of the time :rofl:

1 Like

Have you discussed this elsewhere on DiS? If you were comfortable to do so, I would be really interested in hearing about it. No worries if not :+1:

1 Like

A little bit here:

but happy to discuss it further. Shoot me a DM.

1 Like

The Monday Graveyard was fantastic

2 Likes

I’m pretty proud of myself this year for a few reasons - I’ve definitely gotten better at a bunch of things over the course of the last year or two. Writing, making music, various things at my actual day job (especially being comfortable with using cameras and post-production software).

Just need to carry on the momentum so that this time next year, I’m not scared of using those skills to like play live or try talking to people I could collaborate with or sutin

Or this time in 2059 more realistically. I’m a clcown

2 Likes