Receiving Emails Not Meant For You

Got mistakenly included in an email group of a bunch of guys who, apparently unbidden, were attempting to draw up a constitution for a future independent Scotland, with a bunch of drafts and other documents attached. Was hoping I’d stumbled across a bid to overthrow the government, and they’d either induce me to join their shadowy cabal, or have me killed, but when I told them I thought they’d got the wrong person they just apologised and told me I was welcome to read their proposals, but I didn’t get far because it was piss boring.

4 Likes

I’ve just remembered about the non-league football team who another person with my name plays for.

They’re quite deliberately tagging me, and another person (who also shares a name with another one of their players) on twitter and instagram every week.

Apparently my performance for Bisley FC was rubbish this week. I’m sure I was man of the match a week or two ago!

2 Likes

13 Likes

You can tell that they’re a serious operation when they hashtag PUB

1 Like

I hadn’t spotted that :smiley: I want to go watch these guys now.

1 Like

Play Up Bisley, probably?

1 Like

I assumed that they’d lost so they were going to get slaughtered :smiley:

1 Like

It’s turned into a weird meta joke now though. They KNOW they’re @ing the wrong people, but that just makes them do it more.

1 Like

Reckon you’ve gained any new followers from it.

Gave up on S2 E1 myself, @eems - High Five.

So weird to wait 2 years to respond and to respond like that…

1 Like

Used to get emails for a regional manager who had Colin.Zeal1 as his email address. Some quite eye opening stuff from store staff.

I did the decent thing and emailed them back to say “sorry, you want this other Colin” and deleted their emails.

1 Like

As I have a Greek name but haven’t lived in Greece for a very long time, this had never happened to me before. However, I just got my first one! Got an email (in Greek) from a student about an issue with uploading photos. Apparently they were mainly not good. I’m a bit scared of replying to say she has the wrong person because my Greek is also mainly not good.

Makes me wonder if @he_2 ever got orders for personalised trainers with his name on? :wink:

1 Like

Oh I hope so!

1 Like

I wonder what @umgopher19 makes of that

I didn’t.

1 Like

u shut your mouth Smee breaking bad was the best!

Missed off the E.

Before I proposed I accidentally CC’d the g/f into an email convo with Union Chapel asking about available dates…

Had to plead with her to give me her password asap so I could get into her inbox and delete it. Looked massively suspicious, but we can laugh about it now.

1 Like