Recent examples of unusual workplace behaviour

Lad who started here a while ago comes in in the morning, takes his coat off but doesn’t hang it on a hook or the back of his chair or anything, he just chucks it on the floor next to him, does the same if he removes a jumper or something during the day.

Thoughts?

hang your jacket up ffs, tone

m9 i work in a company of insane eccentrics. recent things include someone throwing a chair at a wall

What kind of chair?

normal sort of dining chair style. i think one with wheels and a spinning base would be insanely difficult to pick up fluidly because the turning motion might unbalance you

That’s what I was wondering tbh, would be quite a funny image though

i just picked my office chair up and it was so tricky to get it to balance how i want

Early draft Oasis needed revision etc

Unrelatedly?

just coz of the conversation now. have a go with yours? not throwing it. but the balance is weirdly off when it’s an ergonomic swivel chair

never hang my coat up. Goes either on back of chair, or chuck it on the empty desk next to me where my colleague used to be

I can’t do that right now I’m afraid but I’ll try to let you know about it at a more convenient time.

throw it at SD for me (if he is within range)

Have started going to the kitchen and filling up a bowl with just milk (communal milk meant for tea and coffee), and then adding the cereal at my desk. This means that I walk through the office with just a bowl of milk with a spoon in, but is actually saving me valuable energy by not carrying my cereal box with me. people think this is weird

• weird
  • great thinking!

0 voters

It’s not quite throwing a chair at a wall, but I reckon the person in this invite I just got must be a bit “unusual”.

"Come along to this week’s lunch and learn session and join nutritional therapist, [redacted] who will help you avoid those festive binges, learn how to make good food choices and feel amazing.

[redacted] who is also an application engineer in our [redacted] team, will give you nine ways to avoid Christmas weight gain (and still have fun).

She says: “I’ll reveal the reasons why we’re prone to piling on the pounds over the festive season as well as sharing some top tips for avoiding weight gain – and still enjoy yourself”.

Everyone is welcome, but remember that these sessions are first come, first served so come early if you want a seat!
"

Hmm, I admire this in principal but would have concerns about the cereal:milk ratio if I were going to try it out. As such, I can’t participate in the poll.

keep the bowl and the cereal in the same place?

That is bad and insidious IMO

sinister

Bare feet under desk :nauseated_face: