Recent stupid purchases

bought myself a 90s VHS camcorder coz i was watching a load of 90s music videos and wanted to give it a bash. guaranteed gonna use it once and go ‘haha video is shit isn’t it heh’ and then put it away forever

w.b.u.?

1 Like

One of these

Knew it wouldn’t fit. Oh yes that’s right, it doesn’t.

:expressionless:

1 Like

Clive bought some modelling clay and related equipment. Made something that looks so crap I don’t know what it is and probably won’t touch it ever again. Until we move anyway. When it will be chucked out.

classic clive

2 Likes
1 Like

This bastard

8 Likes
1 Like

I bought this prick of a thing after Christmas. Blade is lethally sharp and I definitely don’t need it for anything. I’ve been using it to slice lemons, that’s about it.

2 Likes

My Dad bought me one of these when I was little. He always bought me cool things like interesting rocks, torches and this! I used to take the bark off of sticks with it.

1 Like

Aww, that’s some top Dad-ing right there. Love when parents give kids inappropriate presents.

My purchase was motivated by the time I spent in Scouts where I did genuinely need one. Now I haven’t a clue what to do with it! It’s so sharp that it scares me!

1 Like

Is it an old school massive one that takes full size VHS tapes?

didn’t even read the listing properly tbh, guess i’ll find out when it turns up!

1 Like

I really fancy buying an 80s style shred hair metal guitar

2 Likes

Did somebody mention sticks?

3 Likes

Always wanted a Swiss Army Knife and am occasionally really tempted to buy one. Would never use it though. Suppose I might occasionally come across a horse with a stone in its hoof.

1 Like

Am seriously considering a Linx Vision 8 gaming tablet after seeing it on here. Feels like a great way to get into the old Steam backlog/play Fez in bed

i kind of have the opposite problem. want to buy a baritone guitar that doesn’t look like an ibanez heavy metal nightmare

This is VERY you.

they confuse me - are they the same as things like the Bass VI, or is that a different thing?

boy oh boy you wouldn’t believe the hobbycraft stuff i found whilst moving this year

Remember when I got into weaving? Nope. Me neither. Throw the loom away.
Need to hot glue gun something? :woman_shrugging: i dunno
Time to start that quilting hobby I told everyone to buy me stuff for a few christmasses ago!!
Plus about 500 balls of assorted wool and 15 half made blankets.

5 Likes