Recipe help needed

I’m planning to make this tonight but been to three supermarkets and they don’t have passion fruit. Any ideas on substitutes? I was wondering about some pineapple chunks?

Heinz ravioli

6 Likes

Good call but there isn’t a Waitrose nearby. Will m and s do it? @rich-t

1 Like

Pineapple is really hard to cook with if masterchef has taught me anything.

We definitely do a raspberry coulis here. Seem to remember M&S doing a passionfruit coulis, but every store has a different range. Vague I know.

There’s a mango and ricotta soufflé recipe on that page. So maybe mango or mango puree.

1 Like

BBQ it

BBQing a soufflé would win masterchef

What am I doing with my life!

trying to decide if a kiwi fruit soufflé would work. probably not. Go with mango. Or papaya.

chips?

Typed Waitrose into my satnav. Didn’t realise there was one about 8 miles away. Drive up The road for 20mins and it’s taken me to the little Waitrose at the M6 services at charnock richard!! Ffs :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Are papayas more readily available than passion fruits?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Did you ask the person behind the till where the passionfruits were?

I was in a medium sized M&S the other day and they had little pouches of passion fruit in the fridge section with the other fruit.

I wouldn’t use pineapple, it has an enzyme that stops things setting

Fucking yessss

5 Likes

Sorry, im afraid booths doesn’t exist.

8 Likes

Yes this, not sure what the pineapple enzymes would do to the egg whites.

I once ate a whole pineapple on my own and those enzymes really messed me up. Felt like I had burnt my whole mouth

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the help. Will let you know later on how I get on with the soufflés

don’t open the oven door to check on them!!!

1 Like