Reckon it's about time we had a Monday evening thread

Hate that. I’m just pouring my lovely Monday wine.

2 Likes

Doesn’t this sound like the most amazing thing that ever existed???

4 Likes

Looks like Halloween rabbit food

4 Likes

Carol the weather lady from BBC Breakfast.

Jackie Bird from BBC Scotland.

Yes! Oooh looks so nice.

1 Like

Basically done away with work dread tomorrow cause I’m seeing Dry Cleaning up the road from where I work aaaaaand I have the office to myself all day, so my plan is… get a Pizza Hut and watch a film in the office before the gig starts

Reeeee-sult

I’m thinking of renting After Hours, the Scorsese film, on le Prime

1 Like

love the name of this place.

2 Likes

Day off with the kids today but the biggest highlight was having my first hot shower in this house since we bought it almost a decade ago. My god it was heavenly. Then went and bought a shower caddy and some new shower puff things. Hadn’t appreciated how much having a hot shower would cheer us all up.

We’ve been using one of those shower adapters on the taps since the rewiring last week but how have you gone this long without a shower?

In the pub, on about my 4th or 5th pint. Just set an alarm for 7:30 to get up and go for a run before work tomorrow :rofl: good luck with that, bro.

4 Likes

When we first moved in it was an adapter on the bath taps that hung around waist level, so couldn’t properly shower. Had bathroom refit 5 years ago but the replacement was never hot. Had to turn hot tap in sink on to get the boiler to kick in when we switched the shower on but even then it was a get-in-and-out-asap job as it was so cold. Kids refused to use it. Had loads of people look at it without any solutions (our pressure from the mains is crap so they all blamed that and said we’d have to dig it up and replace it).

Anyway, turns out it just needed a replacement mixer bar. Don’t ask me why we didn’t think of that five years ago!

Not even the most broken thing about this house. When we moved in it only had two sockets, one upstairs and one downstairs. We ran extension leads all over the house. We had no budget to do it up so have been tackling small things as we go. It’s very much a long term project!

Think I’ve got a year ahead with my age. I’m still only 46 (47 next month). Think I’ve been telling people I’m 47 for ages :smile:

1 Like

Decided not to have anything for tea. Now want pakora.

I have seen how much it is costing to try to get our main issues with our place (been here nearly four years) done all at once and it’s enough to make tepid showers seem sensible.

1 Like

Just practicing

Mum did this once, was very happy to find she had a bonus year :smiley:

He’s closer to 47 than he is 46.

Until he’s 48

1 Like

That’s how it works.

1 Like

I know, I can count

1 Like