Recommend me a speaker please, friends

rushes into thread

JOHN BERCOW!

SX322_BO1,204,203,200

Not red/white, just pure 3.5mm input. Didn’t realise you mean RCA input. Not sure then… Sorry.

No worries, ta!

runs in thread, panting

Corbyn!

collapses

you can plug a turntable in with 3.5mm aux. Just get a cable that runs RCA to 3.5mm from the TT or preamp.

Yeah, think that’s going to be the way to go tbh. Was hoping to avoid that really though as the audio probably suffers?

it shouldn’t suffer at all if it’s a decent speaker with a decent internal amp. I plug my tv via a DAC into the 3.5mm on the front of that thing I posted and it sounds exactly the same as via the RCA input on the back

Nice one, cheers.

That opens up the options a lot in that case although I have found a Samsung one with proper RCA input.

it actually sounds like what you want is a stereo

Does it?

tbh, ur prob better off with a stereo/amp. a lot of them have built in bluetooth and plenty of inputs, plus you’re future proofed as u can plug in whatever passive speakers u want

Already got a decent mini-amp though so kind of wanted to avoid buying another one. You’re right though.

could always go the soundbar route

I use these in my kitchen

https://www.tesco.com/direct/tibo-plus-2-bluetooth-active-speakers/751-6579.prd?skuId=751-6579&pageLevel=sku&sc_cmp=ppcPartners_TextPX±+Shopping+GSC±+All+PartnersPRODUCT+GROUP751-6579&gclid=CjwKCAiA9rjRBRAeEiwA2SV4ZfIxoKBVsbGzoqt9ojcUqiM2EVIu-VY6WNwkDdrXUW7-wl8ZgtI65xoCTvAQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CIPH-fDngdgCFUci0wodDvELYw&source=others

They are really good -record player goes in the RCA, cheap digital radio plugged in too via the headphone socket. Bluetooth for my phone

Got one, that was the solution beforehand but it’s not really feasible in the room we’ve got now and doesn’t have wireless connectivity either.

Nice one, ta