Recommend me some boots, DiS!

Hello. My DMs have developed a split sole and will cost about £80 to resole (according to Timpsons). I liked them as they were smart-ish enough to wear to official meetings but were fine if I need to go out on outreach shifts or do a lot of walking from place to place. However I’ve read Bad Things about DM manufacture.

I have a habit of wearing soles out so really I’m looking for something that’s quite hard-wearing if possible.

I remember someone mentioning a company that used to manufacture DMs - is it these? are they worth the investment?

7 Likes

(I’m sorry)

any of these take your fancy?

Mens VEGAN BOOTS by Vegetarian Shoes (UK) (vegetarian-shoes.co.uk)

I was in Boots just earlier, as it happens. Bought some Tiger Balm purely because I couldn’t remember what it smelt like. Should really have just asked someone, but when in Boots, eh?

2 Likes

Yep Solovair :heartbeat: more info in this thread

3 Likes

Brilliant :slight_smile: couple of comments on there that make me think they might be the right thing

Me!

7 Likes

Spenny but red wings are fit and last forever

i went for some Loake’s instead for some reason, but they also fit into the DM-ish, UK-made, repairable category that Solovair’s sit in

3 Likes

Me posting joke replies in threads: Haha fuck yeah!!! Yes!!

Me reading joke replies to my thread: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.

18 Likes

Yeah I’ve had my red wings for about 8 years and they’re still in great condition

1 Like

Another vote for Solovair cool water.

Amazing footwear, I bought some brogues last year then immediately bought some gaucho boots. Love love love them. Very light, very comfortable. Think they come up about half a size big, if that helps.

2 Likes

Probably a bit wintry but my Timberlands are like walking on clouds.

This suits me - I tend to wear quite thick socks with my DMs for comfort

Also can easily get the soles replaced when they wear out

Paging* @xylo

*:smirk:

You want to get in touch* with [redacted]

*:smirk:

Dan Brown: The Da Vinci Code

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I bought some Solavair boots from what I thought looked like quite a sketchy company but they arrived :slight_smile:

2 Likes