Recommendations thread #274 - Toasters

Hello! I know you all enjoy providing helpful advice to fellow board members, so I thought it would be useful to ask if anyone can recommend me a decent toaster.

All the previous ones I’ve bought seem to either not toast the bread at all or burn it to a cinder irrespective of what setting is used. Surely there must be some that work better? Thanks in advance for your assistance

Sorry, just to add, I am after a toaster, rather than advice not to use one for some reason or other. Thank you.

1 Like

One with a lever that raises/lowers the bread so you can fling the toast really high in the air and try and catch it

4 Likes

Always remember to preheat your toaster before you put the bread in it

2 Likes

Why are toasters not designed to toast a full slice of bread?

It’s one of life’s mysteries.

Just stick your bread on a radiator

1 Like

Crikey, how high do you have your heating on? I wouldn’t want your gas bill!

This. When you go in with slice 1 to a cold toaster it tends to under do it. This tempts you to crank up the power and slice 2 will overcook as the toaster is now over ‘normal’ cooking temperature. Then you dial it back down and you get a good cook on slice 3 because the toaster is now preheated. But left on this setting after the toaster has cooled you will restart the cycle of bad toasting. And on it goes.

I have this toaster, it is good:

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7308482?clickSR=slp:term:toaster:7:105:1

1 Like

Oh quite low, leave them on there for a few hours

1 Like

I wonder simply turn the bread sidewards.

1 Like

Dualit toasters, well made, last forever , make good toast.

2 Likes

Now I’ve looked at those and they do sound good, but I’m not sure I can quite stomach the thought of paying over 100 quid for a toaster. I guess it’s probably worth it in the long term if they last, though.

• Dua-lit
  • Dual-it
  • Du-al-it
  • Du-alit

0 voters

** Dua-lipa

3 Likes

Yeah they are expensive but we’ve had ours for over 10 years though. In fact I can’t remember how long might be more like 15.

1 Like

Lots of good toasters out there:

2 Likes

And on reliability

Sorry, that was needlessly sarcastic