Record Cleaning

I would recommend a professional record cleaning service such as:

http://www.ratrecordsuk.net/clean-your-records.html

I hope this helps.

Steven Hart
Record Player - Turntable Repairs (London, UK)
07519 160 166
egg333@mail.com

Yeah. I used to do this a lot and the records are fine. I think if you leave them without playing though you might notice mineral deposits.

I always struggle with brushes (carbon fibre and velvet) - always seems like I’m just adding more static which then attracts more dust almost immediately. Not sure what I’m doing wrong

yup - happens to me too. always adds static. sometimes it doesn’t if i touch the brush to the spindle after, but largely yeah - STATIC! still, its much better than having loads of dust and not brushing. I just brush it while its spinning a few times, then play. its only after i take the LP off that the dust swarms to it

1 Like

I don’t have this problem using a velvet anti-static brush. I think the key is to use it very, very lightly so it is just barely touching the vinyl as it revolves.

1 Like

I’ve got one of these but yeah, you really need to put aside a day to get a load done in one go because it’s a very time-consuming process. Although a very satisfying one!

I guess the real key here could be don’t destroy vinyl with cheap Crosley turntables.