Record Store Day (rolling)

Popped into Monorail on Friday to pick up a couple of usual release day records. Couple of older fellas out front in camping chairs about midday, took me a second to twig what they were there for. Mad.

Nowt really on this years list for me, was interested in the Galaxie 500 live album but it’s £35 or something stupid, fuck that

Because of almost everything about it

1 Like

See that bugs me. Lockdown and social distancing is going to benefit older folks most and you’ll still have idiots like this queueing up to buy the overpriced 20th reissue of some bargain bin record and not giving a fuck.

RSD is always going to irk but it just should not have gone ahead as usual this year for health reasons alone.

Edit: If anything they’re creating various potential superspreader events in every major town and city on 3 separate dates in August/September/October. All so some pricks can drop 30 quid on a Motörhead single. Fuck off Record Store Day and fuck the BBC etc for adding to the hype train now of all times.

1 Like

Still miffed off no one’s done a proper vinyl release of The Crow soundtrack after it was originally an RSD exclusive.

3 Likes

Having had a load of sites crash on me before saying they’d sold out of both Robyn and Charli XCX’s releases, I tried again an hour later and managed to order both from Banquet. Thought it might have been an error, as they’d said they had 20+ of each at 6pm, 0 of each at half six, then 20+ of each at around half 7, and have been expecting the order to be cancelled. Order is now showing as dispatched. :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Pretty fucked off that the Galaxie 500 LP only got a pressing of 2,000 records. Damon Krukowski is getting fucking HOUNDED on Twitter about it too.

1 Like

Got the villagers debut 10th year anniversary release with added demos.

Bought it online though

2 Likes

Avoided it this year, I normally only go for the instore gigs and stuff but haven’t made an RSD purchase for years. Could be tempted by the Girl Band live release if there’s any left as it’s doesn’t seem to be as overpriced as I expected, but at the same time I might just get the digital release later in the week

Demos any good? Thought they might have packaged it with the live album for the reissue but I guess that would essentially be repackaging an old RSD release

1 Like

I’ll let you k ow when it arrives. He was in peak form for that album so I’d assume yes. Don’t have the vinyl anyway so it’s win win

1 Like

That Villagers at The Workman’s Club might be my fave Villagers release and fave RSD thing.
Crazy that it’s not even had a CD release.

@kallgeese yep, complete nonsense. 2000 copies and way overpriced. Maybe they’ll see sense and press more later like Radiohead did with their RSD release. They’re leaving money on the table after all.

@Icarus-Smicarus keep an eye on B. S. this week. Think it was last year or the years before where a few days after RSD they marked all the stock from it half price. I got The National, Jeff Buckley box etc for a bargain less than a week after the day.

1 Like

Totally passed me by. Just assumed it had been cancelled.

Ideal

1 Like

I am also miffed by this. Kept expecting to see a normal release, so didn’t bother with it that RSD, but nothing so far.

@bruised_blood
@Woodchuck

It can’t rain all the time.

https://www.srcvinyl.ca/soundtrack-the-crow-2xlp.html

2 Likes

Ah - speak of the devil! That’s great. Thanks for the head’s up.

Fire it up!

1 Like

Haha yep looks like it’s getting a release in time for Devils Night :grinning::+1:

1 Like

HOORAY!

1 Like

Choose your fighter. Seems to be getting worse:

Warpaint might be good.

Not a great list, but will try and pick up those oneohtrix reissues