Red Dead Redemption 2

don’t you have to sell the gold to a fence to get the $$$?

Yeah otherwise it goes to camp funds

klipped more klan, then found some interesting documents on them. Trying to add screenshots and will report back.

I bumped into the trapper last night for the first time, as I was heading to Blackwater for a mission in chapter 2.

I’ve almost finished the main story now (I think) and it’s kinda taking the piss with the missions

How many chapters are there??

In my game, I really need to get involved in more hunting. Most of my pelts are poor - I realise now I should be studying the animal more and being more gentle. Plus should take on these legendary animals!

Is there an easy way to view all of your side missions that you’ve started? I know you should stumble along, but I really want to help those builders with their lumber shortage - I can’t remember where the lumber camp is!

I think I’m on chapter 8 with is the epilogue part 1. I’ve kinda just been finishing the main story before I get bogged down with life soon, when I assume I’ll be able to dabble with other bits in the game in spare time. Still not even 80% through the main story though apparently.

im such a doofus with this game - been trying to work out (without googling) how to rob that operation behind the drug store in Valentine for an eternity - and it’s cost me a small fortune in bounties! and I’ve blown myself up several times!

just stumbled across how to do it when watching a weapons youtube - why did i never try that??!

Im still on chapter 2…

3 Likes

me too. stupidly tried to drive the oil lorry thing across country and the horses died

I did that last night. Failed 4 timesz kept on blowing up until orealized booking out to some cover then taking them out 1 by 1 was the way to go as opposed to trying to ourun them

if you hide on the hill nearby and fire a shot into the air near the refinery the horses tethered to the oil wagon parked in the loading bay run out onto the road. jump on and ride like fuck. no killing needed until the posse come after you.

The one I got was out on the road coming out of Valentine. That seems a good idea will try that tomorrow

Had a great experience at a developing train track in the dead of night with some workers using pick axes and the like to construct the railway line and I was asked to find out why some money was going missing and the foreman suspected some of the immigrant workers, so I followed the Junior Foreman as he went for “a leak” and he was hiding money in a tree and he gave up the money if I’d let him go. As he ran off, I decided to lasso him and hogtie him and bring him back to face the consequences with his boss. As I picked him up and walked back, I was expecting the workers to see me doing this and start panicking and trigger the “wanted” gauge, but the guy who took over from the junior foreman told me to let him go, my Arthur said “he’s been stealing money from you all” then the guy said something like “… I ain’t seen nothing” and I was taken back by the developers considering this action that players would attempt to bring the guy back for justice rather than let me go or just shoot his ass.

did anyone cash in on the gold bar glitch??

I haven’t had a go at it yet, i reckon i might - grafting for cash annoys me, can then lash out on all the guns and suits and pomade

I’m on chapter 4 now and have thousands in the bank, I haven’t found it hard to rack it up?

Yeah same here. Did 2 treasure map quests early and got a cushion of a few thousand and haven’t worried about money for ages.

Started Chapter 4 yesterday and my map just filled up with stuff. It went from the standard 2 to 3 people at once to like 11 icons on there! Spoilt for choice at what to do.

Yeah I think I need to move the story along now, still stuffing about in chapter 2. Got the gang treasure so I’m loaded now

Just ran into the weirdos at the pig farm, then got ate by a gator!

Riding into Saint Denis for the first time / they’ve done that well. Really jarring for country Arthur to be in the big smoke!

You get properly introduced to Saint Denis in a story mission later and I’d imagine that would be an amazing reveal - pretty sure most people like me accidentally stumbled into it and had that moment somewhat spoiled.

1 Like

Yep just rolling in for no reason is a bit strange - not much to kick off, and can’t seem to pick a fight even. Pub owner can sort out his own rats for now!

Need to go back to Val and see what John is up to