beat it last weekend, loved it

think you’re looking for the filth thread, pal

4 Likes

@mods

Dis Online Posse?

• Yee-Haw!
  • Yee-Naw.

0 voters

When’s online released? I’ve always wanted a posse.

1 Like

It’s in beta now

2 Likes

My lack of willpower got the better of me and bought a PS4 with Red Dead. Maybe it’s because I’ve spent the last year playing Skyrim on Switch but visually it’s just absurdly good. I spend most of my time trotting around taking in the views. In terms of graphics and detail this feels like a proper leap… feels almost next gen.

1 Like

I’m going to wait for it to get out of beta as they’ve said they can’t confirm yet that beta progress will be saved.

That and I’m still on chapter 3 and loving it.

Crafting the satchels has taught me that I really hate cougars, but has also taken me all over the map (or the map at Chapter 3, anyway). Weirdest place/thing you’ve seen? For a while it was the asteroid place, but this week I’ve found the Frankenstein’s animal monster thing and seen a UFO. Wonder if there’s a jetpack out there somewhere? Should really go back to the storyline at some point, but probably not until I’ve got the trapper to craft me some truly horrendous outfits.

Ok I’m online

Where is the trapper?! I’m halfway(?) through chapter 3 and haven’t come across him.

He’s set up in at least 4 places. Easiest to find is in Saint Denis, but he’s also got camps set up which I’m going to struggle to describe without looking at the map. One north east of whatever the lake is towards the north west corner (up the hill side north of the most northerly path, one near Riggs station, again up a hill, you can possibly see the
big railway bridge that spans the canyon from where he is, the other one I’ve found is up towards the north east corner, can’t remember specifically what it was near other the Annesburg.

I’ve bought a boat and tried to paddle my way to the bottom south west corner earlier - was doing really well, until I was shot and killed. They really don’t like Arthur down there…

I find the fishing quite difficult (the smaller fish are easy enough, I’m having trouble with the bigger fish). I basically can’t reel quickly enough. Spent a solid ten minutes trying to reel one in last night, it was exhausting. I had to give up, the whole experience was quite embarrassing.

Also found fishing tricky. Was the same on FFXV.

I thought I was going to end up with a claw doing the legendary fishing. I was casting out as far as I could then waiting for a bite. The last couple I’ve cast out then reeled in 3/4 of the way before waiting for the nibble, and it’s become less onerous.

Also learnt yesterday: if an animal you want to skin dies at the top of a steep incline, don’t spend 10 minutes repeatedly running up the hill to frustratingly slide down again- lassoe the corpse and drag it to you.

Use the palm of your hand not your thumb

Any tips for Buell?? Cannot do it!