Red Hot Chili Peppers POSITIVE REPLIES Thread

There are lots of positive things to say about “Venice Queen”, but I especially love that semi-fake-out moment where you’re expecting him to complete the “best I’ve ever” verse, but instead it immediately drops into that amazing outro section that carries the song in yet another direction. Such a great song.

6 Likes

Would be so much bettwr if they fucked off Kiedis

3 Likes

Yes.

That’s a positive reply!

I think he has a really nice voice when he sings instead of scats.

This is 67% of the way there though I guess:

@discobot fortune are the Red and Hot Chilli Peppers a good band?

:crystal_ball: My reply is no

20 Likes

^ Ban request.

3 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Brain the size of a planet… if anyone knows, discobot should know.

1 Like

Whilst certainly one of the ‘coolest’ bands of a generation I’ve never listed past Californication and I do / did like their sound. Saw them live in the early 90’s but they made the mistake of letting Rollins Band support them and that was far to intense a performance (then) to follow. The Beastie Boys acknowledged this even if it was just before played before Rollins Band more out of respect than anything else I think. RHCP do seem a bit lazy and resting on their laurels to be fair. They are huge cash cow material. Blood, Sugar, Sex Magik is a classic album but I find it hard to listen all the way through it and feel they padded out the length because of the CD format, it’d be a better album if it was shorter and the production is fine. Also Keidis is great in Point Break.

Californian Funk Rock band the Red Hot Chili Peppers have sold over 80 million albums to date.This is a lot.

@discobot fortune should you be banned for DiSrespecting the RHCP?

Borderline negative comment here, @ma0sm?

I thought they were great in Point Break.

John Frusciante is an amazing guitarist and RHCP are only good when he is involved.

4 Likes

Around 1990 they released two 12” singles with 3D pop out sleeves, one making a cardboard chilli pepper and one their logo. I had both of them. I think I still do somewhere.

imageimage

Amazing to think they were so unremarkable for their first four albums that their compilation album was self-deprecatingly titled ‘What Hits?’

They were formidable users of heroin

10 Likes

My ex girlfriend loved RHCP and as I consequence I saw them live 3 times. All three were completely interchangeable and pretty much exactly the same, all were fine.
Aeroplane is a really good song if you stop it before the children’s chanting bit at the end.
Flea is in The Big Lebowski, a very good film.

Flea has impressive bass capabilities for an insect.

6 Likes

Californication soundtracked some particularly great years of my life, and although it hasn’t aged particularly well I really enjoyed rediscovering it when a recent vinyl remaster was released that actually had some semblance of dynamic range. It’s too long, it’s got some awful songs on it, but when it bangs it bangs hard.

Flea will go down as one of the all-time great rock bassists.