Red Hot Chili Peppers POSITIVE REPLIES Thread

Smells Like Teen Spirit was the perfect debut single, right? Wrong! It was missing a trumpet solo as Flea proves conclusively here:

5 Likes

My friend Keith called Smashing Pumpkins The Emo Red Hot Chili Peppers and I think that’s fair

1 Like

I love the Chili Peppers but I think you need to have words with this Keith.

1 Like

Anthony Kiedis is one of the inspirations behind the Lush song Ladykillers, written after Lush were part of the Lollapalooza tour in the early 90’s.

I own this album and still to this day don’t understand what it is.

Songs by RHCP I absolutely dig (aside from the obvious like UTB and Aeroplane):

The Greeting Song
Minor Thing
Cabron
One Big Mob
Fortune Faded
Torture Me

Plus, I can still listen to Californication without skipping a track.

Quite like the artwork of their 1st and 3rd albums

1 Like

RHCP were my teenage gateway to some amazing music and for that i’ll always retain high regard for them.
Love this clip.

1 Like

Absolutely this ^

Now that I don’t listen to the radio anymore I don’t hear them - is that positive? Well it kind of is cause I like the odd song here and there but for a while they were on the radio constantly and it spoiled any mild affection I had for them. These days I wouldn’t ever choose to listen to them but a wee song coming on in the bar and I’ll not groan so that’s progress.

I read that as Positive Reptiles and just assumed that was the name of their new record.

1 Like

It should be now.

It seems they’re not even a bagpipe based RHCP tribute band. Here’s a bagpiped up version of Insomnia:

bass guitar isn’t even being slapped

I’m not a huge fan of theirs, but I’m always surprised at how much vitriol they provoke, considering I like a fair few of the songs you hear played on the radio or whatnot (moreso now they aren’t absolutely rinsed by every station) and they’re certainly less boring than a lot of rock bands at that level of fame / placement within the wider public consciousness

Also didn’t they take Deerhoof on tour with them round big venues? Anyone who introduces stadium rock audiences to Deerhoof is a good egg at least to that extent

This might be my favourite song of theirs, certainly my favourite from By The Way

They were the first festival headliners I ever saw, and have the record of being the band it’s been longest time since I have seen, that are still a band. Also, I’m listening to Blood Sugar Sex Magik at this very moment.