Red wine enthusiasts

Right, this is actually a serious question - the recipient has requested a single bottle of red wine as expensive as I’m willing to spend. Anyone?

France would be a fine thing

8 Likes

go into a posh wine shop and say you’ve got £40 to burn

Go Trose. Get a bordeaux. Piece of piss

Watch Sideways, try and glean information from it.

1 Like

you want a good tannin for this poor effort

:grimacing:

1 Like

nvm.

3 Likes

Mate.

1 Like

fuck. sorry mate.

Dutch

A good bottle of the following:
St emlion grand cru
St Julien
Pomerol
Volnay

Any of should do the trick

4 Likes

It’s a tricky price bracket this one. Many really reknowned reds are in the £20 region and then in the £100+ region. So you could look at what won the Decanter/IWC Awards last year for Best in Class or whatever and get them one of those but they’re likely to be hard to find.

No-one’s going to turn their nose up at Chateauneuf du Pape. Go to a wine shop and ask what the best one they have in your price range is would be a safe bet. A good Barolo is never going to be scoffed at either.

2 Likes

alright big suze

2 Likes

I have a family member who know about wine and he’s always talking about having a lovely glass of Barolo on facey-b so you could look that up i dunno.
Otherwise just ask @elthamsmateowen or maybe check out this wine thread

2 Likes

32 pint cans of stella artois.

3 Likes

You seem like a barolo laughs

3 Likes

This.

It’s what I do ever Christmas for my sister in law. Give them a budget, tell them what sort of thing and they’ll sort you out.

Getting into wine myself

I have a few other ideas, but short on time to do a bit of searching to see if they’re out of that price bracket

Had this the other week though and it was lovely lovely (in the price range too!)

1 Like

Ask me later, can’t think of any at the montepulciano d’abbruzzo

11 Likes