Reddit

I only really use it for the Drag Race sub, which is intense but very skilful at finding things out. Totally different to the Red Pill side of the site, thankfully.

I post in the Aston Villa and Ricky Gervais ones

Its more about the xfm shows tbh everyone agrees now really that he is awful nowadays

Such a belm

1 Like

Ah nah not at all.

I look on Reddit for ps4 related news/info. Occasionally read the comments and get reminded it’s inhabited by fucking morons

A Theist? Knew it! :pray:

nah he’s just letting everyone know he witnessed a diamond robbery

At heist

2 Likes

I heard he was helping BA Baraccas with some counselling after a spell of ennui. Who is Mr T?

A T? He Is T!

jeeeeeez

4 Likes

people clambering to tell the same damn jokes too. One of the most annoying things (barring truly egregious stuff like racism and sexism) is just how repetitive the site can be, especially for such a large site.

@feedthecollapse

Glad you guys can brush off the racism and misogyny and other bigotry so easily, and focus on what’s really important and what directly affects you (because we all know that’s the most important thing really)- the quality of jokes.

I don’t know why I even fucking bother with this place.

Had to use it in my old job… More or less just to spam blogs. Not been on it since I left that shit hole

Have a think about how you even get the luxury of being able to be oh so detached and flippant and ironic about this stuff.

dont really go on but agree about how good/bad it can depending on the subreddit

regardless of the subreddit, generally find the upvoting system leads to this absolutely horrible eager-to-please tone to it that just makes it feel really desperate. There’s a needy tryhard of person you try to avoid IRL where it feels like reddit is their natural home.

/soccer is particularly terrible for this

They don’t even “need” to be evil. They have so many other niches covered.

This actually prompted me to google “how does Reddit make money”. Turns out it doesn’t make a huge amount of money as far as anyone can tell. So it’s not like they’re drawing in this vast fortune for providing a space for the worst of society. It just seems to be their philosophy. The best description I saw of it was “allowing limitless self-expression for young white men, mostly at the personal expense of minorities and women”.

1 Like

I think both @Im_On_Safari and @feedthecollapse acknowledged the trivial nature of their complaints in comparison to the sexist/racist context. You could argue that their posts give more attention to the thirst for humour that Reddit facilitates…but equally, are white males able to add much to discussions regarding gender and race, due to their privilege?

Ah I see I should just get a better sense of humour. Glad you explained it all to me and why I shouldn’t be bothered.

Wouldn’t want to inconvenience anyone here for a minute by asking them to think of things from the perspective of those directly affected. Why that might be slightly uncomfortable! Surely I’m here to provide gentle, guided step by steps direction for how not to be terrible.

I’m closing this thread now before it goes anywhere horrible. I’m tired of this place and tired of the role I seem to have been assigned again and again in apparently being supposed to coddle grown men into having basic consideration for others.