Referencing sources that you haven't quoted or paraphrased

Like there’s a bit in this report where we have to list some resources we’ve found useful during our time at university including a little description of why. Apparently we have to cite and then reference them. I didn’t know you could do a citation unless you’ve quoted or paraphrased something from that source.

hope you are going to reference drowned in sound dot com

So how would this work

Say if one of my resources is a website I’d just have a citation next to it like (website-name, year) ?

Don’t think a description of Wikipedia is necessary tbh

References: stuff I’ve referenced
Bibliography: stuff I’ve used for research, but not referenced

Format: whichever style manual we’ve been advised to use. Or just pick one (Chicago, whatever) for consistency if you’ve not been advised.

That’s how I’ve always done that sort of thing.

Yeah that’s how I do it

Like in this list of resources bit, I’ll have something like:

[name of website]
[description of what I used the website for during my time at uni and why it was useful]

he’s implying we should have
[name of website] [citation]
[description of what I used the website for during my time at uni and why it was useful]

Which isn’t a thing is it? You only do a citation if you’ve quoted or paraphrased from a source, not just for naming it…

Dunno

Never been sure of this.

I’m never sure whether something that’s just a brief quote from a source you haven’t actually read can be included as a reference in your bibliography. I do this anyway to make my list look longer. Please tell me everyone else does this.