Refusing to back down

Olly Murs is still refusing to say “Yeah, probably shouldn’t have tweeted that there was a gunman in Selfridges. Sorry guys” and has instead gone with: “I ran into an office after being told by the staff of Selfridges that someone was there with a gun. Whether they were shooting into the air or whatever, something happened that day – whether it was covered up, I don’t know.”

Nice bit of sass at the end as well.

“Well, next time you’re in Selfridges and that happens to you, I’ll message you and say, ‘How was that? How do you feel now? You’re not Mr Brave now, are you? “If I’d done it and someone had been shooting, you’d all be sitting here now going, ‘You know what, Olly, you’ve done well.’”

Ever doubled down on anything or refused to back down despite clearly being (in the) wrong?

Nope

Olly Murs on infowars in 3…2…1…

Lily Allen is showing her support for Olly. She must have some insider knowledge.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Once in a pub quiz we got asked what nationality Guy Fawkes is. I was convinced he’s Belgian. Literally never more certain of anything in my life. Knew it to the very core of my being. I’d say Ghent if pushed, but they’re only asking for country, so let’s not get cocky: Belgian. Write it down. Belgian.

He’s English and we lost the quiz by a point.

No idea where that came from, but I was SO SURE that I can only imagine that I once had a dream where Guy Fawkes was Belgian. The worst part was my friend saying “I’ve been to his house in York so thought he was English, but I’ve never seen you be so sure of anything in your life.”

Methinks I would not do that (@sadpunk)

Even funnier: Belgium wasn’t even a country in 1605.

Also, @thewarn will be upset you didn’t @ him in Belgium chat

He’s defected to Denmark this week.

You are thinking of Guy Forget and he’s French!!!

This is me in a pub quiz, except I’m 100% right all the time.

You’re French.

I was at a quiz where they asked who Sigourney Weaver played in Gorillas in the Mist. I was similarly certain that it was Dian Fossey. They gave the answer as Jane Goodall. I googled it afterwards and asked the quizmaster once I saw I’d been correct. He just went “oh, right. yeah.”

Probably the greatest injustice of this or any century.

I’ve just decided to agree with you and now he’s my favourite He-Man character.

There’s a Smashing Pumpkins thread and a Last Jedi thread. Just find the last times me and others posted in them :wink:

Why do we think Olly Murs is wrong?

infomurs

Yeah but i cant remember what on now

Seems unlikely that he’s ever been right