Regale us with stories of your terrible housemates

Lived in a student flat of six. Three were complete arseholes - One for being a stereotypical bigoted, racist, flag-waving Rangers fan; the other two for generally being dicks. They seemed to think they were God’s gift to women but - strangely enough - never so much as hooked up with a single person during the entire year I lived with them.

Weird Mike wouldn’t eat red meat because it was bad for you. The only thing I saw him eat was either takeaway chicken vindaloo or microwave chicken korma with about a tablespoon of freepoured salt.

He would go out to a local pub at lunchtime and be there until closing time trying (very unsuccessfully) to seduce the barmaid. He’d return home shitfaced and jabbering about Formula 1 and how this girl’s boyfriend was a dickhead. In hindsight, he probably identifies as Incel.

When he moved out, it became clear that he’d spent most of the six months he lived in the house either pissing in bottles and pint glasses or into his mattress and the floor.

I don’t know what his DiS username is.

16 Likes

I’ve never really had to house share, I feel like I missed out a little because I don’t have any stories to share, but on the other hand, that’s probably a good thing.

Some Italian fella I lived with got into heroin in the few months I lived with him.

Cool.

these threads are always good value. lost it at alpha dominance shitter.

Whenever I visit one of my ATDs house there are ALWAYS skid marks on the toilet bowl. She’s a very clean and presentable person and I’m assuming it’s her husband but WHY would you not clean that shit off when you know you’ve got people coming round? Completely baffles me.

1 Like

One of my old housemates broke up with his TV so elected to use my decent inflatable mattress to host young Eastern European women via that Couchsurfing website and he’d take them to the pub and make them drink so he could try and get them into bed

Didn’t ask me if it was okay to let strangers stay (at one point there were different women staying in the living room for like a month straight) and done under the veil of altruism when the intentions clearly emerged as being much more sinister

I’m a very patient person to live with but told him to fuck off at one point and to have a word with himself, so bleak

The only time I had the room next to the bathroom was when I lived with a bloke whose shift started at 6am. At 5 every morning he would get up and piss really loudly into the exact centre of the bowl. This was usually accompanied by a couple of long, loud farts.

1 Like

same, had this guy who’d kick off about a solitary fork being left beside the sink, but would leave piss all over the toilet seat and let the bin overflow with (his) wine bottles.

1 Like

If you can’t get away with farting in the bathroom, where can you?!?!

2 Likes

The bathroom is no different from any other room in the house: when using it for its standard functions you should do so at the appropriate volume for the time of day.

1 Like

I’m not sure I can control the volume of my farts.

Moan about him if he’s farting in any other room, but farting in the bathroom should be allowed.

Had one housemate where the entire relationship between him and me and the other housemate deteriorated because he was convinced that we were sabotaging the tomatoes he was trying to grow in the garden. He would also regularly get off his face on pills to the extent that you’d find him downstairs talking to a wall or bleaching his feet in the toilet.

1 Like

You guys are all very lucky to have had such tame worst housemates.

1. The omens were bad with this guy as he’d been kicked out of a previous house when his housemates had all been tied up with gaffa tape and left by local drug dealers as warning to stop him selling weed. Wasn’t officially living with us so not directly responsible for rent, would always try to pay us in weed and owed us all hundreds of pounds. One day we were burgled and they only took stuff from the housemate he openly hated and miraculously he turned up the next day with handfuls of cash to pay us back. Last point is small fry compared to all that but he used to sleep through an incessant and loud alarm clock woth his bedroom door locked a few timesevery week.

2. Again the omens were bad as this woman moved in with us saying she wanted to be closer to the pubs in Chorlton even tho her previous place was like 5 mins walk further. Turned out to be a massive alcoholic and kept trying to get me to ‘sign’ her as my manager and give her £200 as an advance to get me some gigs :joy:. Came back after three weeks away and her cat had shit all over the house including in my bed, the kitchen sink, inside cupboards etc, shed just been living in it while I was away and pretended that it all must’ve happened the night before I got back. Feel bad for her now and did then but Ffs.

3. Couple who used to make their own homemade crack every now and again. Top lads apart from that tho tbh, would live with again.

2 Likes

Another housemate ran a small drugs operation from the flat. Would regularly be seen in the kitchen cooking stuff up in a pot with a dust mask on.

had this strange small man in the room next to me in halls who would go out, get leathered, then turn up late refusing to communicate except by yelling in Japanese (which he was in the early stages learning, so only a few words over and over again)

1 Like

Why did he do this ant?

Not sure mate, think he was pissed and thought he was trapped in there or something.

29 Likes

I had a flatmate in Spain who used to leave “Up the IRA” notes under my door because he didn’t like me and thought it would upset me, an English. I just thought it was weird.

This was also the place where my neighbour threatened to kill me and I had to move so quickly I couldn’t get my €300 deposit back. :upside_down_face: