Regional TV Stations Of Your/Our Youth

Probably done this already, but it’s Sunday and I don’t give a nuts.

Who remembers Meridian?

Meridian_Broadcasting_logo

Tell me cool stuff about you childhood regional broadcaster!

6 Likes

I remember Meridian, yeah.

1 Like

Awesome, good times!

20210228_190217

Granada. Always assumed it was some sort of tie in with the car. Still might be, dunno.

10 Likes

Granada, Westcountry, then Granada again

also the local BBC news in Plymouth/Devon was and still is called Spotlight, which is something I suppose

1 Like

gold standard for TV logos, that

4 Likes

Pretty sure they used to run motorway service stations, too, or am I imaging that?

unnamed

3 Likes

Apparently Meridian used to go all the way to Kent. Kent! Imagine.

5 Likes

Was always weird when I’d go to a mates in a different city and they’d have other logos/ newsreaders/ weather for different regions and stuff.

2 Likes

VERY exciting in the roasty household when at 6pm on Friday Carlton became LWT

download

5 Likes

You’re a youngster :slightly_smiling_face:

Thames TV turned into LWT before Carlton.

The Six O’Clock Show on LWT sort of meant that the weekend had started when I was a kid.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Sweet nostalgia bombs going on in here!

4 Likes

2 Likes

This is the better piece of ITV schools music, funky as

1 Like

Before Meridian, it used to be TVS (Television South), who were based in Maidstone (where they still film Jools Holland).

They used to make things like No. 73, but I’d also get to see the local news when I went to visit my grandparents in Ramsgate or on Sheppey.

2 Likes

Was Graham Torrington’s late night love regional? Seem to remember that being on a regional radio station. Used to stay up late under the duvet listening to it on my Walkman when I was about 7/8- can’t help but feel it had quite an impact on how I’ve turned out

4 Likes