Regretful Teenage Decisions

Fuck I have a meeting now but I can’t stop giggling at @xylo’s t-shirt

5 Likes

Too funny to regret tbh

I very much regret being too anxious to go to parties that, for some reason, people kept inviting me too anyway (to the point of once faking feeling sick :grimacing:). My teenage regrets are just boring and sad

1 Like

Oh also when I sent that jokey email to the IT technician to protest Tetris being blocked by the school filter and the head of year read it back in a very serious voice and it struck me how much, in fairness, it could be interpreted kinda death threaty

5 Likes

our IT teacher, Kevin, could access and control people’s screens and would put them up on the big screen at the front if they were messing about, I obv ended up having DiS threads put up on there more than once

2 Likes

Most of school was just a blur of embarrassing moments and anxiety. The moments that still make me cringe about 15 years later are with a specific crush I had with who I made the classic mistake of 1) taking the micky out of thinking that she would enjoy the bantz but instead just upset her, 2) i distinctly remember winking at her, apropos of nothing, during some kind of assembly and she looked away disgusted, and worst of all 3) on the last day of school getting a mate who had her mobile number give it to me so I could text her and admit how I felt about her. Awful stuff.

1 Like

She did, although i think in the cold light of the following day I realised how awkward the whole thing was and deleted both the messages and the replies. In fairness I have a feeling she let me down gently. Years later I saw her in a pub and we made eye contact and she looked away pretending not to see me. Character building

2 Likes

used to wear this as a kid - enjoyed telling relatives it was guns n fuckin roses

Wearing a Cradle of Filth t-shirt is bad. Wearing a Cradle of Filth t-shirt with ‘Jesus Is A Cunt’ written on the back is worse.

Maybe she liked him too! And he never knew…

Literally every romantic decision I made until I was 19. I don’t think it’s being “grass is always greener” to say I got every large (I mean, in context) decision wrong.

Also got a bollocking on a school trip for my “BOY BANDS SUCK” t-shirt because it was “sexual humour”, which I maintain says far more about the teacher who read that into it than anything else. Also what a fucking stupid t-shirt. Might as well have been “SHINGLES SUCKS”, it’s not exactly controversial.

4 Likes

Gave away my Pokémon cards to my younger cousin. I had fucking loads of shinies, if I’d kept them I could stick them on eBay now and retire.

2 Likes

this t shirt despite never having been to scotland before or since

• fuck, man
  • nah its fine

0 voters

this haircut (2008)

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/1934982_85582804383_663396_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=OLV7i5IR1H4AX-heXaY&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=a3b860b82372f904940e2a381c4f61a9&oe=5F370B40

• wanker
  • fine

0 voters

studying philosophy at degree level:

• fucked it
  • fine somehow

0 voters

Double tab of acid then going home for a quiet evening watching Emmerdale (scariest thing of all time) and an early night (no sleep and several extremely effecting delusionary hellscapes)

6 Likes

can’t remember why i was wearing those shoes then. was big into my air force 1 hightops around that time

just imagining seth’s face repeating on walls for hours

sethg

3 Likes

Still remember it like yesterday, seemed all 3D and hard to remember I wasn’t part of the show. Every line had this incredible emotional weight to it and every so often I was trapped in a tower made from their neck flesh etc
Good show

17 Likes

this has done me

8 Likes