Release the bats - it's the goth thread!

Haven’t watched it in years.
Should have a double bill with The Hunger soon…

1 Like

Near Dark is also great for gothy madness.

2 Likes

I’ve not seen it for a looooong time but I’m hopeful it stands up as a cult classic. It was actually a victim of its own success - it was such a surprise hit that various parties claimed royalties over it for years meaning that it was unavailable for decades. It’s out there now though :+1:

2 Likes

You mean “it was shamelessly ripped off from a story in 2000AD and they hoped nobody would notice” ?

1 Like

My partner just texted me this ultra goth fact:

“Mary Shelley learned to read using her mother’s gravestone.”

1 Like

Don’t think so - they had to give the 2000AD writers credit pretty much straightaway I thought?

Yes! Great soundtrack, PIL’s Order of Death over the end credits is a song I can listen to over and over…
“This is what you want, this is what you get, this is what you want, this is what you get”

1 Like

They only gave credit when it came to the video release. Before that they denied it was the shameless rip off it was…

Let’s not forget house music for goths.
These and PWEI were my gateway to dance music.

1 Like

I went to school with King Duncan’s kid brother. When he gave an interview to the NME about his heroin use, his brother had to go to the local paper shop and buy up every copy so his no one locally would get to read it :no_mouth:

Loved ^those guys :+1:

1 Like

The answer to your question:

http://www.darkdb.com/eklein/index.html

Hasn’t been updated since March 2002, but then again, neither has goth!

1 Like