Remember anything?

Yes

No.

Three people were arrested and released without charge. The case has gone cold (and probably not very high on the Met’s list of unsolved crimes).

1 Like
5 Likes

Just remembered (via a conversation with Mrs F) that my first phone was this…

6 Likes

Same as mine.

They’re meant to be playing at the Hackney Half marathon event this Sunday.

They played at a wedding I went to a few years ago, it was quality

Bitchfork

Buddyhead

Monday Night Sean

Vincent Gallo’s age.

Popping crisp packets either by stamping in them when they were on the floor or blowing in them and clapping

3 Likes

Firing the lid off a tube of smarties by slamming your fist down on the tube.

Kids of today will never experience that.

2 Likes

Old style ring pulls

3 Likes

Gimme five bees for a quarter you’d say

8 Likes

Anyone remember those keyboards in music classrooms at school that had a “JD” button?

1 Like

Yeah, you’d press them and it would play a Casio Keyboard version of ‘Love Will Tear Us Apart’ or ‘Isolation’ or something. Found that baffling as a youngster.

2 Likes

haha shit. brilliant typing. those keyboards were great anyway.

1 Like

Thanks to @ltlht’s comment in another thread, this whole conversation:

2 Likes

I associate a lot of angry feelings with them.

In music lessons at my school if you had grade 3 flute or were in the choir or something you would have some theory/practice time with the music teacher in the main bit of the classroom. The rest of us were sent off to the little music practice rooms which each had a keyboard and basically told to entertain ourselves by pressing the demo button and dicking around for the rest of the period.

Thinking back on it now as a 40 year old who loves making music and learning instruments the monumental waste makes me really angry.

1 Like

dick-dick-dick-dick-dictionary

5 Likes

That is actually, properly shite. What a fucking pathetic way to engage kids in music.

1 Like

One of our music teachers would have people back at lunch and make them listen to the demo tune for 45 minutes if he caught someone playing it during a lesson :smiley:

8 Likes