Remember how fucking stupid iPads seemed when they were announced?

Giant phone, seemed ridiculous

22 Likes

Haven’t changed my mind yet

18 Likes

Do you remember thinking, “why would I need music on my phone? I have an iPod!” and then “Why would I need Spotify? I have my music on my phone!”

12 Likes

I never got a phone that could do music or the internet properly so still use my ipod touch

2 Likes

I mean they’re good for kids and that but they have no place in my life

1 Like

I have to say I find mine really useful for watching videogame jazz videos whilst in the bath

2 Likes

i bought a cheap tablet for the first time ever a few months ago. mainly to try and spend less time hunched over a laptop

don’t use it that much tbh

2 Likes

It’s been good for my ma who for love nor money cannot work a computer

1 Like

Yeah that’s true, guess they’re quite intuitive for a child to use.

Not for me though, laptop and phone for life. Different devices for different… needs.

1 Like

Did the same ages ago, a shitty Amazon one. Was so shit just went straight back to phone.

Had our iPad for 6 years. Easily the best/most useful bit of tech I’ve ever bought. Cheers
S.Jobs

3 Likes

Thought they were stupid. Absolutely love my iPad now - wouldn’t bother with a personal laptop now

1 Like

I have an ipad with a bluetooth keyboard. it is amazing.

i have an iphone too, its bang average.

1 Like

I’d bloody love to be able to just jazz about with an iPad all the time, but I don’t find them good for typing even with an external keyboard so I’m a laptop spod for life.

2 Likes

I don’t think I have the strength to hold something in the air

1 Like

Me too, I had high hopes for it as a super portable laptop basically but the inability to type with any comfort at all scuppered that. I ended up using it less and less over the span of about 18 months, not even sure I still have it anymore.

1 Like

probably had this poll elsewhere on the site at some point but hey ho

tablet computers?

• already purchased one
  • maybe in future
  • nah

0 voters

I can’t see any reason I’d buy one. Not a fan of touch screens at all. Macbook fits in my rucksack when necessary.

I have a surface pro and it’s just a laptop with a bit more option in terms of use, which is great.

Touch screen can be good for certain applications, but otherwise I don’t touch a laptop screen so it’s not a problem.

In general I think they are a great idea.

1 Like

Remember this?

2 Likes

I’ve thought about an iPad with a keyboard, but they’re so feckin expensive. After spending £££ on a Macbook in 2008 then a Macbook Pro in 2011 (which TBF did me 7 years) I bought a 2nd hand 2016 model Macbook Air for £300 from a Cash Converters in Ayr. It’s served me well for almost 2 years at present and it really is amazing. If/when this laptop dies, not sure whether I’d do the same thing again or finally cave for the iPad route…