Remember

…when only Tories had phone contracts and there were no free text deals so you’d use free-SMS websites to text yer pals? How weird does that seem now?

GARLIC BREAD.

1-0 barleysugar.

6 Likes

Forgotten about those free SMS websites. Great fun, especially having to use a whole bunch of your limited characters to add your name in.

The end for free SMS?
Friday, 12 January, 2001, 20:15 GMT

January 2001!!!

They’d be so bad for abuse nowadays aswell. Never remember any of that. Used to text mates when they were really stoned with stuff like ‘Matt. What are you doing with your life?’ but nothing cruel.

3 Likes

The one i used was fish something.

Babelfish?

FishSMS?

4 Likes

still seems to be a thing???

can someone send some anon abuse to a friend and report back. cheers

I can’t rmemeber the one I used but it was very orange and blue. I was never 100% sure it worked cause it seemed too good to be true.

It was 100% orange and blue.

1 Like

getting codes off websites to program ringtones of famous songs on your phone

4 Likes

In many ways 1998-2001 was a great time to be alive.

3 Likes
2 Likes

hi mum

remember paying £1.50 for one of these

18 Likes

Oh wow the nostalgia.

Remember on all the music channels they used to advertise phone services like love calculators, where you text it two names and it would tell you the comparability? Was probably a fiver a throw. They must have been taking it in.

1 Like

Cbfsms

1 Like

YES.

Always assumed you were younger than 28.

Did you have a uBoot account? Always ask people but they’re non-plussed, so i say ‘yknow, before Faceparty’, not got a clue.

1 Like

I used cbfsms to text my flatmate that I was quitting uni. Realised afterwards that if you have the ‘allow replies’ box ticked it adds ‘tb’ to the end of the text, so I basically sent her ‘quitting uni tb’ as though I was really needy and needed a response from her even though I barely spoke to my flatmates.

Ahaha.

Do you guys like trance music?

Tweety - YouTube this on adverts all the time as well as Crazy Frog

I very specifically remember where i was the first time someone thought he had his willy out.