"Requiem For A Tuesday" (morning thread)

Definitely got this stuck in my head all day now…

1 Like

That’s the whole thing

1 Like

A rare morning of logging in to DiS before doom-scrolling and starting work early.

Last few weeks have been busy with a new Max Richter album and a music video I produced coming out, so haven’t really kept up with the forum chat - sorry!

Can’t stop following the heartbreaking news coming out of Afghanistan. This simple line hit surprisingly hard, I think because of how everyday having the Spotify app on your phone is:

Under a regime that in the 1990s in effect entirely banned pop music in Afghanistan, even the existence of the Spotify logo on a phone home screen could prove fatal

Last day of work for 8 days. Wooooo

10 Likes

True :joy:

1 Like

:frowning:

Hey @sean

Would be worth adding / mentioning on this thread

2 Likes

Morning!!

Off to see the moon at Bristol Cathedral then having lunch at some monstrous all you can eat buffet joint as pay off for the kids.

Raining out.

2 Likes

Pumpkin died during the night

Got woken up at 3am by the police hammering on the door to tell us that our car was one of three on fire on our street. Totally incinerated. Having a total shiter atm and could really have done without this… I need a coffee.

Jesus, I’m so sorry. That’s awful, hope things pick up soon xxx

8 Likes

Ah I’m so sorry about Pumpkin, too :pensive: Sending you a lot of love this morning :yellow_heart:

20 Likes

Woah, fuck. That’s awful.

@TheBarbieMovie2023 I’m sorry. Losing a pet is the worst. Big hugs

8 Likes

Oh jeez. Sorry to hear that, perv.
And @laika. Nightmare.
Do you know what caused it yet? Insurance should definitely cover you but I know that’s little consolation right now.
So sorry to you both

3 Likes

@TheBarbieMovie2023 so sorry to hear about Pumpkin.

@laika oh shit, that’s awful. I hope the insurance pays out quickly. What a shitty way to be woken up during the night.

8 Likes

Oddly I couldn’t see a thread at a glance (note: I haven’t had any coffee yet!)

1 Like

The lovely mods (and former mods) have separated out the social board into further categories: entertainment, sports, news/politics, SSP matters (which can overlap with the others I guess) etc :slight_smile:

We like to look after the place while you’re away.

So sorry to hear this. Sending love. :heart:

3 Likes

Oh that’s so awful :frowning: So sorry to hear that.

2 Likes

Tired lads

Morning all.

I had a great lunch today

peanut butter sourdough sandwich, cheese and fried egg with chilli relish on toasted plastic bred.

How do you feel about this?

or?