Edge of Tomorrow was (sorta) renamed for home release

3 Likes

World War 1

makes sense I guess

8 Likes

The Testament -> The Old Testament

5 Likes

both really bad names tbh but Live Die Repeat is funnier i guess

oh yeah another one that was on my mind the other day was Blood In Blood Out being renamed as Bound By Honor - not sure if this happened before the film came out or not though

“If we package the “Old” Testament with this “new” Testament the lads have put together we will really have the definitive “bible” on this whole Christianity thing”

1 Like

står wars one > star wars four

4 Likes

Werthers Echte -> Werther’s Original

1 Like

Guardians of the Galaxy -> Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1

wo

Pretty sure that’s how King James stuck the bibles together

i was thinking this the other day and completely forgot to look it up - was it always meant to be the 4th part? when did the idea of the ‘prequels’ come up?

jif > cif
thomas cook > tui

1 Like

*jif

1 Like

no idea but I’d imagine if you asked georgy he’d lie and say yes

5 Likes

Just before Empire came out I think. George revealed that he envisioned it as a 9-part story and the subsequent releases of the original had the subtitle IV - A New Hope

2 Likes

Rogue one: a Star wars story
Rugoe!

4 Likes

It always said “Episode 4: A New Hope” in the Credits roll. And GL always claimed it was the grand plan (I remember talking about the fact there were going to be prequels and more sequels with my friends in the playground around the time ROTJ came out)

BUT

The real reason they put that at the start was to give the feeling the film was part of an ongoing Saturday matinee serial, like Buck Rodgers or Zoro

3 Likes

His original idea for pts 7-9 was to go into the microscopic life causing the force!

Wow!!

1 Like

nah don’t think it did

1 Like