Rick & Morty

yeah - I thought it was hilarious

1 Like

Another vote for Pickle Rick was hilarious cool water. The shot of him lying on the workbench in pickle form had me creasing regardless of the dialogue.

3 Likes

jesus, I’m glad I don’t interact with the community anymore. Though I don’t think this season is any more family-focused than prior seasons… Also not really sure there’s much character development since they did a complete aboutface in the season opener from last season’s finale, no? Too much of however they develop Rick’s character skews towards “He’s an asshole, but an asshole for like emotional reasons man” and have a very tacked on quality either way.

I hope not. That only worked for one episode and felt way too self-conscious the second time around.

1 Like

Yeah I wouldn’t mind seeing the back of it to be honest, even as funny as Jan-Michael Vincent was.

really?

I think the showing of consequence to Rick’s actions, as well as development in each of the other characters too - I’d say the therapist episode showed more character development than any other episode they’ve done? (except for Jerry, obviously)

2 Likes

Referring mostly to Rick himself. Otherwise… eh. Maybe it’s a matter of them not being especially subtle about any of the development? “I am beating up these people and it feels good because I am upset about my parent’s divorce!” (How very Nu Metal!) I don’t know, character development really loses something when it’s explicitly stated. I also feel like the family scenes don’t mesh entirely well with the main plot (especially Pickle Rick, which plays out like the therapy sessions were there to justify the plot.)

I guess kudos to them for Beth and Jerry splitting as they ran that into the ground pretty quick. Would still say it’s a bit early to say there’s that much going on.

Really!?

Again, obviously yes - in part (otherwise why would he have made himself a pickle)
but the final monologue was great - and the snap juxtaposition of scenes that foreshadowed ‘fun/adventure vs boring work’ thing? Like cutting from Rick ripping a rat in half with blood pouring down his pickle face then snapping to the boring, peaceful office with the calm voice of the therapist I thought worked amazingly well and made those scenes funnier (to me)

1 Like

the line always annoyed me because S4 was only marginally worse than S3 (not as many good episodes in S4, but not as many bad ones either; fewer episodes overall though.) and S5 wasn’t much better either.

People with TV shows these days:

New thing comes out.
v
It’s fresh and new, I love it!
v
I want to see more of it!
v
New stuff is slightly different to what I was used to, it is now shit in my opinion. I would have done it better.

15 Likes

Think 3’s been pretty high quality so far. Plenty of duds in the other two seasons that everybody seems to have conveniently forgotten.

4 Likes

Remember when they did the Rick dance? Haha I’m Rick, dancing with the kids! Fucking shit that was.

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem as good to me, but I think that’s because I can’t just blitz through it all in two days, seems to encourage me to be more critical of individual episodes

I’m afraid you aren’t allowed that opinion anymore.

Very sorry
Can a mod delete my post please?

I think S4 was a pretty big step down from S3 but I agree otherwise - I even preferred S4 to S5, which seems to get you crucified in the online Community … community. There was like 5 or 6 actually great episodes after S3 but still a pretty bad drop off from the earlier seasons.

the animation on the cat dabbing at pickle rick :laughing:

2 Likes

Or alternatively; new stuff is different to the older stuff and I don’t think it’s as good. I therefore don’t like the new stuff as much.

not even sure it’s different so much as the execution isn’t up to snuff.

1 Like

And I’m delighted with the fact that someone who I’ve never met but have back & forthed with over the years has a friend who’s brother is called rick Sanchez :grinning::+1:

6 Likes

Anyone seen the Vindicators episode? :smiley:

1 Like