Rick & Morty

It seemed from the title like it was going to be a sequel to ricklantis mixup

Been slowly going off it as this series has progressed - not sure if that’s because I’ve just got a bit bored of it, or because I’ve become more aware it it’s awful fan base and then viewing it more cynically

But yeah, don’t really like how rick has morphed into a ridiculous super anti-hero, (among other stuff) I don’t think it was quite like that in the earlier series

5 Likes

to be fair, they acknowledged that this is basically a narrative dead end and they tried to dial that back down in the last episode. We’ll see if it sticks.

Thought this season tailed off a bit towards the end but was still pretty good. It could have been Pickle Rick and nine crap episodes and I still would have liked it probably to be honest. I mean, come on, Pickle Rick!

1 Like

Anything after season 8 is non canon

Read the replies to this and decided I’d be pretty alright about Rick & Morty being cancelled forever.

https://twitter.com/McDonalds/status/916752002268450816

2 Likes

Eeeeyyyyy I’m walkin heah

6 Likes

Fuck me this is ridiculous. What kind of idiot drives for 4 hours to do this?

Rick and Morty fans sound like fucking dicks. Are they dicks?

11 Likes

I don’t get this whole sauce thing. Why didn’t they make loads more and put a ridiculous mark-up on it?

We really need more people responding to entitled nerds with a fuck you rather than trying desperately to please them

10 Likes

Can someone explain what this whole situation is please?

I saw some stuff on twitter but don’t watch the show so i’m confused.

I’m editorialising a bit here, but: in the first episode of Season 3, Rick is locked in an alien prison, hooked up to a machine that’s imprisoning him within his own mind. Realising that he can manifest things that exist only in his memory, he goes to a McDonalds Drive-Thru to get Szechuan Sauce, a dip that they briefly sold in 1998 as a tie-in to the film Mulan.

At the end of the episode, he delivers a maniacal monologue about how everything he’s done up to this point is for two reasons: to break up his daughter’s marriage, and to get his hands on some Szechuan sauce.

The most nonsensical part of that is the idea that a man who has a portal gun which can access an unlimited amount of alternative dimensions is unable to find a dimension where McDonalds still sell what is, apparently, just ketchup with teriyaki sauce in it.

5 Likes

A few months later, McDonalds sent a bottle of Szechuan sauce to Justin Roiland, the show’s co-creator and voice of both lead characters. This then led to them bringing back the sauce in a limited number of stores, and to idiots driving for hours to get hold of - and I can’t emphasise this enough - ketchup with teriyaki sauce in it.

I love this show but fucking hell, this must be what it feels like to be a season-ticket holder at [name of football club with notoriously unpleasant/aggressive fans]

I don’t really do sport. that’s probably why I like rick and morty

7 Likes

Oh good grief.

Thanks for explaining but bloody hell.

6 Likes

I was genuinely about to post that. Kind of sad now

in summary, nerds can ruin literally anything

5 Likes
19 Likes

so here’s a funny thing - I was watching episodes in season 2 and it was funny…

but then I realised I’d missed the entire first season finale. entirely.

how Netflix pushed me past it into season 2 I don’t know. but yeah, the cold open of season 2 was amusing, but it’s even more amusing knowing that it literally starts after the actual end of season 1.

I can’t be the only person that this happened to, right?

Remember that time when Rick and Morty flew into space to delete Jerry’s computer memory and Beth fell through the bar and Summer pulled a face?

Series 4 ends with live footage of Justin Roilland coming round from a daydream in the shower. Probably jerking off.

2 Likes