Rick & Morty

Fucking love Community.

5 Likes

Yeah I started watched it a while back and quite liked it without thinking it was great, that being said I only watched about 4/5 episodes and then I discovered R&M and forgot about all other tv for a while.
Didn’t realise it was made by the same guy, will definitely go back and check it out

It’s bloody great isn’t it? Currently rewatching it with a buddy (his first time viewing it) and we’re up to dreaded Harmon-less season four…

I still think 4 is better than most other shows, despite the big drop off. (Still has some great episodes) but yeah when you’re binging it especially it becomes really noticeably sub-par

Ah well it sounds like you’ve got plenty of telly to occupy yourself with until R&M returns! I would favor Community over Archer but I think you’re onto a winner with either…

Yeah I feel the better episodes come later on in the season with Herstory of Dance, Intro to Felt Surrogacy and Basic Human Anatomy being highlights for me but yeah overall I thought it was a solid season. I think the worst think it is that Chevy Chase doesn’t look into it at all and barely looks like he’s putting a shift in…

Yeah. They all despised him at that point though didn’t they?

It was even called ‘Tempting Fate’, so i think they knew what they were setting themselves up for. Although it’s worth it for the Werner Herzog cameo alone

Yeah pretty much, something about onset arguments or disputes. Think it was meant to be fairly nasty…

I still watched to the end though I bloody hope they don’t live up to that hashtag :smile:

You got any favourite latter season episodes?

Episodes 2 and 5 from S5 are up there with the best. Abed’s Nicholas Cage freakout is fucking incredible

3 Likes

Danny Pudi has a great knack for nailing other actors mannerisms - he was always spot on with his Donald Glover and Joel McHale impersonations. The Nick Cage meltdown was no exception :smile:

and Han Solo. And Don Draper. aah. i miss Community

1 Like

you mean by doing a movie?

Still think a movie (or a feature length episode) would be eminently watchable if done right. Only problem is how likely is it to be done right.

as OmR said, episodes 2 and 5, and also even season 6 had Modern Espionage, Wedding Videography and the final episode. Even at it’s worst I still enjoyed it tbh.

1 Like

Chevy Chase has always been a nightmare to work with, a miracle he lasted four years on Community really.

Yeah a movie or whatever. I’d of course watch whatever they put out and I’m sure the cast would be game but it would have to be pretty special to top that final episode. I thought they really went out on a high note!

I definitely agree with you though about it always being watchable and still willing to try things. I’m suprised though neither you nor @Owensmaterob mentioned Cooperative Polygraphy!! That would have been fighting to get into my top ten episodes…

1 Like

“Also, Sperm.”

Ha, yeah absolutely no idea :slight_smile:

:smile: plus Walton Goggins!!

Not like Dan Harmon to miss a deadline. :grimacing:

1 Like

as far as I remember he quit Fez 2 due to constant harrassment…think the final straw was being hacked. then said he was going to quit the industry entirely - but he actually still seems to be around working on SuperHyperCube.