Rick & Morty

THREAD.

https://twitter.com/danharmon/status/824318684072022016

1 Like

1 Like

“I’m Principal Vagina but don’t let the name fool you, I am very much in charge.”

2 Likes
11 Likes

I really want to watch it again but I’m scared I’ll make myself sick of it.

Yassss!!

1 Like

started watching this recently, just got to the mr meeseeks episode, fucking hell :joy:

6 Likes

glad you’re on board fitz

1 Like

7 Likes

Seen about 8 of these now. I’m seriously impressed by how inventive it is. Just wish it was funnier. There’s a few laughs in each episode but not enough for it to be a great show.

Don’t get me wrong, I really like it but as much for how smart it is as for how funny, and that’s kind of a shame.

Rixty Minutes was the funniest by far that I’ve seen. Does it get better?

5 Likes

don’t think it’s very good

Watched the first six or so episodes last night while on baby duty. Proper cracked up at two parts - all the stuff with Mr Meeseeks, and a bit when they’re trying to get through customs and Morty shoots the guards because Rick says they’re robots: “It was a metaphor! They’re bureaucrats!”

1 Like

Why?! I’d have thought it’d be right up your alley.

It’s never good to explain why you don’t find things funny, there’s just no nice way.

Feels to me like it’s trying too hard.

Difficult to argue with that!

My only addition being that if you’ve only watched a small amount of it I’d urge you to try a few episodes at least because I think it’s the kind of thing (like Curb or It’s Always Sunny) that can seem obnoxious until it clicks, or at least that’s how all those shows have worked for me.

yeah I love curb but can totally see how someone could find it really annoying

7 Likes

6 Likes