Ridiculous music bargains

32% off all digital albums and singles in the Sub Pop megamart.

https://megamart.subpop.com/anniversary_sale

1 Like

Had mine delivered today… press club was the Ltd splatter one and signed… nice bonus touch! (I ordered standard vinyl)

1 Like

sad that this doesn’t appear to include EPs

40% off everything on the cool Norwegian jazz/electronica/experimental label Hubro - just put the code ‘SUPPORTHUBROARTISTS’ in at checkout. I bought the Trondheim Jazz Orchestra/Jenny Hval record.

5 Likes

This is my favourite thread

3 Likes

Thanks. Picked up clipping.'s latest one at a good price. Dark, menacing, brilliant.

1 Like

Picked up some Black Breath for all my riffing needs.

I love Jeff Rosenstock! I think I have all his solo work, but nothing from his previous bands. What would you recommend?

Great to see another fan! Well, I’m not a huge expert but I’d thoroughly recommend starting with Bomb The Music Industry!'s last album, Vacation. It’s got a lot of sunny chords and an 80s guitar-pop feel but with that same energised, dark heart that’s part of Worry and Post-. It’s certainly the closest in sound to those two brilliant albums, and gasp I may actually like it more!

A lot of the other stuff is maximalist ska-punk, which sounds terrible on paper but he somehow makes it work with his ear for great dynamics and shout-along choruses.

I would then suggest going for Scrambles, which is definitely my favourite of those albums, and the opening ten minutes of his earlier band The Arrogant Sons of Bitches’ Three Cheers for Disappointment, which may be the angriest ska-punk album ever. Kill The President is a ridiculously good song.

Song suggestions from BTMI!:

• Side Projects Are Never Successful from Goodbye Cool World
  • Everybody That You Love and Hurricane Waves from Vacation
  • Stuff That I Like and Wednesday Night Drinkball from Scrambles
  • Stand There 'Til You’re Sober and Skye! Life is Awesome from To Leave or Die in Long Island

I haven’t checked out his other projects, but hey, there’s all pay what you want, so you can’t lose! Let me know how you get on.

1 Like

Oh fuck! The fact there is an album that’s potentially as good as Worry and Post- is pretty damn exciting! I’ll check it out and work my way through some of the other songs you suggested too. Cheers!

1 Like

Banquet has some decent priced stuff

Have they a sale/deals section.
Their site is dreadful on mobile.

ooh, the latest Jeffrey Lewis is a tenner on red vinyl from Rough Trade. havin’ that.

1 Like

That rough trade sale is pretty good. Got Destroyer’s latest last week and seen that Floating Points - Elaenia is now on there.

No they don’t but when I clicked on stuff I wanted a lot of LPs were £12-15 :man_shrugging:t2:

Very pleased with my haul from the Rough Trade sale!

3 Likes

Yep, some nice stuff added since I last looked (and some things back in stock that weren’t previously
there). I’ve joined @Icarus-Smicarus in purchasing Jeffrey’s new one, plus some nice discounts on the recent Daniel Avery, and the last Blanck Mass and Madonnatron albums.

2 Likes

Rough Trade presumably just trying to keep business going, some of those special offers on new release acclaimed albums make no sense otherwise.

It’ll be labels and distributors trying to keep some income coming in as well.

1 Like

Worked a treat here, as they’ve just got 50 odd quid off me that was about to be spent elsewhere. Had that Avery album in my Norman basket for a couple of weeks but hadn’t got around to finalising the order. And once you are buying one record it’s worth getting over £50 to get the free P&P, right?

1 Like