Ridiculous music bargains

I got two separate dispatch emails and two separate Royal Mail emails for my 365 order. I only bought 2 records, wonder if they’ve posted them separately? Strange.

I got 2 dispatch emails for my first order a day apart. Probably a glitch in their system but some craic if ai end up with 6 bonus records to gift.

1 Like

Yeah they’ve given me two different delivery dates!

I didn’t en get delivery dates. The other 2 orders just had 1 email each. Hmmm let’s see :blush:

Must be splitting the parcels. Got one box of 5 LPs today so the other email must be to cover the 6th.

1 Like

Yep, just one turned up today. Given the prices and the free postage they must be doing themselves in even more by sending two records separately!

1 Like

They must be getting these records for practically no money to be making a profit.
Mind boggling.

It’s almost as if the record industry is pressing loads of records that no-one wants then complaining about the lack of capacity at pressing plants and blaming Adele for everything when it’s really their fault.

I mean that would explain some of this sale but not all and not all of the issues the music industry is experiencing in terms of backlogs etc.
I mean most small bands press at tops what 500/1000 copies of an LP. Not half a million. But yeah post Adele7Sheeran/Elton/Major labels maybe a lot of the more niche or novelty soundtracks etc might die off.
And its not as though a lot of the stuff were all picking up in this aren’t by popular enough acts.
Part of me wonders if bad timings of releases during lockdowns/over eager labells/greed/Covid causing shop closures and job losses/customers without as much disposable income etc has just led to lots of stock not moving
:man_shrugging:

That might be true for some of the stuff people on this site are buying, but 50% of the stuff in that sale seems to be either stuff that you can’t imagine ever selling at all (incredibly obscure artists with little or no following) or not on vinyl (stuff that appeals to the sort of people who are definitely not seeking stuff out on vinyl).

I get what you’re saying about capacity issues, and obviously there are a lot of reasons for the current problems, but it just seems bizarre and frankly dishonest for certain people to blame things on pressing lots of copies of a record that lots of people do want to buy rather than on pressing some copies of lots of records that no-one wants to buy. The first is a legitimate business decision, the second is just insane.

Yeah but there’s a big difference to creating a backlog if you’re a label pressing 500 copies of something rather than 500,000 copies of something. Regardless of how either title fares commercially.

1 Like

Obviously, but the Adele album is a one-off, or near enough. There’s a demand for the record and couple of other similar ones and so that demand will be met. I don’t really have a problem with things being made that people actually want to buy and I think some of the vitriol that has been directed at Adele over this has been frankly pathetic.

The records appearing in all these sales have been pressed over months and months, probably years and years. The same ones crop up again and again. Vast numbers of things being produced over and over again for markets that clearly don’t exist. Obviously predicting what will sell will always be an imperfect art, but the more of these sales I see the more depressing I find it. What a waste of resources despite anything else.

I mean, I couldn’t care less about the Adele record.
It might be interesting to see the sell through on those copies of the album.
I do think majors jumping on the bandwagon has fucked things more than they ever would have been.
I’d say needless reissues of legacy acts is a bigger issue tbh.
Who knows why some albums haven’t sold but my earlier post makes some guesstimations.

This is all moot anyway as I wasnt even talking about the clogged pressing factories or Adele ( I’m frankly sick of hearing about both.) but rather the odd business and delivery practices of 365 and business.

Everyone enjoy their records folks :+1:

1 Like

Sales are highlighting how overpriced a lot of vinyl is too…im seeing stuff and thinking 16.99?!? Bargain!

8 Likes

HMV had 33% off the listed price for some records today but the starting price for most of them was already £30 or close to it

they do have the last Wilco album for £19.99 minus 33% off though which is a decent deal if my maths is right (would be tempted but i never got into the album at all)

1 Like

https://mailchi.mp/intenserecords.com/intense-essentials-4840841

Some good prices here and an extra 10% off today with BLACKSUNDAY code

Posted this in the cd thread because it is mainly CDs but some vinyl too.

Amazing stuff at virtual give away prices

https://finderskeepersrecords.bandcamp.com/merch/disco-dildar-various-artists-cd

1 Like

Transmission records have a nice small sale on

Some super cheap prices

1 Like

Yeah it’s Amazon, soz, but you rarely see Blur albums going this cheap….

(Self titled for a shade over £15, if you cba following the link)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007SAKXVG/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_39NAH87KJH2QRA5HMY2S

£13.99 - awesome album!