Ridiculous music rip-offs

yeah find that basically any even slightly older rap album is way pricier than i expected - not things that were actively limited editions, just weren’t all that many made

Think it’s weird if you can’t just pick Beyoncé albums up from hmv for not silly money. Must be a constant steady demand.

2 Likes

Love how the eye was not drawn to the price tag.
Nicely done :slight_smile:

Where was your eye drawn then?

The shelf

1 Like

I think you’ll find it’s called ‘a rack’.

5 Likes

Didn’t even need to call it an NFT

2 Likes

I was digging through my records last and found a still sealed copy of Beyonce - Beyonce. Can’t remember buying it, so was obviously an impulse buy when my decks were in storage. Flogging that bad boy quicker than you can say ‘milky bars are on me’

4 Likes

I still don’t quite get what these things are…how do you ‘play’ them.

1 Like

I remember reading that and thinking - oh yeah but they are going to be some insane price like £150. I was a bit off…

Maybe you have to buy a special $5m player from them as well.

now now children…

Anyone up for paying $80 for a little piece of wood to rest your records on when you’re not playing them?

4 Likes

Still better value than that knife from VMP

1 Like

Seems very strange for Hot Chip to be doing a VIP meet and greet?!

ONE DRINK VOUCHER

Second edit - ‘photo opportunity’ means you pay for the photo too?!

1 Like

fucking capitalism man

2 Likes

Surely a band has to contain some VIPs to make this worthwhile in the first place

3 Likes

Me: are you Hot Chip?
“Hot Chip”: yes
Me: Right - take your word for it. Say cheese….

7 Likes

Me trying to think of what their bands called if I met them:

2 Likes

Completely beyond me why anyone would see any value in spending a few seconds with someone who is only there to get their cold grasping hands on a few more hundred pounds of their money.

3 Likes

I mean I agree as a generic position about VIP packages, but I think I’ll happily allow any artist below idk the superstar level to make as much as they can from their craft while they can

(Superstars have enough already to not need to also do this, and excluding any actively immoral stuff ofc)