Ridiculous music rip-offs

I thought Twenty One Pilots was the British Airways choir until this thread made me look them up.

1 Like

Oh I even got the band wrong.

Jeez.

1 Like

Don’t even know the prices but having a stab at it probably belonging here

5 Likes

Replica gnome anyone?

2 Likes

Absolutely anything in Fopp

William’s at it again. $65 for five 7” ‘singles’ (which were never actually physical singles in the first place). 10 largely forgettable songs in total.

1 Like

I loved the album, but just, why?

Like, there’s so much incredible unreleased material that people have been literally begging to spend money on for the past 20 years. Why a $65 boxset of 10 random songs from a 20 song album that just came out? Who is this for? (And not that it even matters, but it’s missing the two best songs)

Pretty impressed with this:

£33 plus p&h for a picture disc that doesn’t even come in a full sleeve and a cassingle whose artwork was clearly thrown together in MS paint in < 60 seconds; featuring two unreleased demos as the only new material.

And yet, somehow, it sold out!

An rsd special.

€75 for a comp that used to frequent pound bins and you couldn’t give away on cd.

https://www.hhv.de/shop/en/item/rolling-stones-the-hot-rocks-record-store-day-2021-edition-829744?p=In5ZsM

1 Like

Every time I see this thread bumped I pop in expecting to find out some band has blatantly stolen a song off another. :smiley:

3 Likes

See also the Pearl Jam Alive, 1-sided 12" which was £20.

2 Likes

Picture disc will set you back £36

at least it has a proper sleeve! I hate picture discs generally, but even more so with the habit of them coming in a clear sleeve.

but yeah, ludicrous.

2 Likes

It feels like Screamadelica gets a big reissue/boxset annually tbh.
I remember it getting a 3LP set as part of RSD afew years back, then an anniversary box after that, then the Dixie Narco EP which had been included in the earlier RSD box got a standalone release this year for almost the same price, then this new box and theres def been reissues in between all those.
I see theyre also doing a 2LP of demos too.

No wonder pressing plants are clogged up.

1 Like

Yeah I cant believe labels still do that considering ‘outgassing’ is a known issue tbh

1 Like

Please stop

Boxset for Screamadelica again.

4 Likes

50 quid really?

3 Likes