Ridiculously petty grudges you're holding

For the last time, they were crabs.

1 Like

A hockey teammate of mine once left a banana skin in the door compartment/pocket of the passenger seat. Fuming I was when I discovered it much, much later.

4 Likes

There’s a pub that’s changed hands in Brighton, which had been called The Reservoir since at least the 1850s sometime. The new owners went and changed the name, ignoring over 160 years of history, without even any acknowledgement of it, so I’m boycotting them and their other pubs.

Refuse to ever cook or eat or even look at gammon again because I fucked up when cooking it once.

2 Likes

Still boycotting Wetherspoons and Dyson.

Quite easy as both are shit.

1 Like

Yeah dysons really suck!

3 Likes

For the record it was this post that started my long-held petty grudge with you.

4 Likes

Tbf some dysons really blow.

4 Likes

I can’t believe you’ve done this

2 Likes

I don’t think this is petty at all.

1 Like

Think it would be far harder if I lived more remotely, but being in a city makes it really easy.

2 Likes

I feel like one of my greatest strengths (and perhaps also weaknesses) is that I am incapable of holding a grudge for any length of time.

I forgive and forget very easily.

The nearest pub to my job is a Spoons and it is difficult to direct a big herd of people to a much more distant but ethically better pub sometimes.

This is making me angry just reading it - are you still friends?

What do you do if the only option in a toilet is a Dyson hand dryer?

You’d think they’d at least have a toilet bowl.

4 Likes

Oh, I’ve got one vaguely similar to this.

My GF paid for a friend’s share of a weekend away a year or so ago. It wasn’t a HUGE amount of money, but enough that it mattered. Him going meant my GF had booked separate transport because there wasn’t room in the van for everyone.

After weeks of him saying he was looking forward to it and definitely going to be there, he bailed on the morning of the trip. 5am in the morning as we were on our way to pick him up.

He hasn’t mentioned the debt at all and went on three holidays later that year.

I don’t mind that he hasn’t paid it back, it’s just money and we’re friends. It’s the fact that he hasn’t mentioned it to my GF at all. He’s just ignored it but jollied off on more holidays.

And it’s Epimer with the tap-in at the far post!

Why, I just shake it off.

1 Like

Yeah I also have pals who wouldn’t be able to afford going to the pub if it wasn’t for Spoons, so I do find it hard to boycott