Cave In (Rolling)

Absolutely gutted by this. Saw Cave In supporting Hundred Reasons years ago at the Astoria – didn’t know who they were, but they completely blew my mind, and as a result introduced me to a whole world of heavy music I had no idea about. RIP.

Devastated by this, Cave In have written some of my favourite records of all time and Old Man Gloom was, to this day, one of the best metal shows I’ve ever seen.

Thoughts are with his family and friends.

I still thinks its amazing a band who made Until Your Heart Stops got mainstream coverage

1 Like

Jesus I’m pretty stunned. Just…what? Time to dig out Jupiter. Fuck.

I get that it’s important for news services to credit owners of pictures or footage they use, but cant help but feel that to have “@SonicDeathWall” prominently on screen for their reporting of this story is a bit insensitive.

:frowning: Man, this sucks. Love a bit of Cave In. Trepanning is such a boss tune as well.

1 Like

Tragic news and yes, vastly underrated band.

1 Like

Listened to Big Riff in the shower.i know Caleb doesnt do it but that guitar bit to the end is gorgeous. Not going to listen to anything but Cave In and Old Man Gloom this weekend

4 Likes

Listening to Seafrost right now, such a beautiful song. Joy Opposites is another stand out from Antenna for me. Was obsessed with this album when it came out. Good memories

2 Likes

Remember going to Give It A Name (lol) and in between acts they played an album track off Antenna - Stained Silver is it? I was well happy and noone elae knew what it was

3 Likes

Fucking hell man, this is horrific.

1 Like

This is horrible news. I grew up with Cave In and Old Man Gloom, and I love pretty much everything Caleb’s ever done. Devastated.

There was a tribute show in Boston on Wednesday night, featuring Cave In, Converge, Old Man Gloom and others. Watch the whole thing here: https://scofieldbenefit.merchtable.com/

1 Like

Watched it yesterday and really should’ve posted it in here instead of the heavy thread. Early sound issues aside, Converge and Cave In especially are in fine form, set lists are near perfect! A fitting tribute

who played for Cave In?

Caleb’s brother for the first half and Nate Newton for the other

1 Like

This looks fucking brilliant. Thanks for posting.

always forget Converge have a song called Reptilian and thought they opened with a Strokes cover :smiley: will try give this a watch later, nice how they did some Zozobra stuff too

I’ve watched this a lot recently and thought it belonged in this thread -

I’ve somehow only just got in to Jupiter and just, wow. What an amazing record. I’m not sure how it’s taken me this long, it’s blown my mind.

2 Likes

yes it’s an absolute stunner

2 Likes