RIP Christopher Plummer

Enjoyed him in a lot of films, most recently Knives Out. Bloody loved him in The Return Of The Pink Panther as a kid - my favourite gentleman criminal. Great career :+1:

Great actor.

Stepping in at the last moment, was amazingly good in All The Money In The World

3 Likes

Sad news but a life well lived. Great actor who brought gravitas to every role. :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

He was fuckin great in that :+1:

1 Like

agreed, especially the New world :wink:

Aw he was my mums favourite

1 Like

My mum too, she text me a few mins ago with just his name and the crying emoji

1 Like

Can’t deny it: Sound Of Music is a cracking musical and he makes a brilliant straight-laced foil for (the slightly annoying at times) Maria.
Top actor
RIP

1 Like

This is just lovely

Which one was he?

(In the sound of music)

Capt. Von Trapp

such an all-time gif

5 Likes

Watched The Sound of Music for the millionth time over Christmas and I was struck by the fact that he holds the whole thing together. Also he gets to sing the best song.

1 Like

Ah. Edelwiess was a choon

1 Like

God damn he was handsome

1 Like

It’s a genuine tear-in-the-eye moment where he tries to sing it at the festival, knowing that he has to leave the country.

2 Likes

Aw man, he was fabulous. Still have to gird my loins when I watch Sound of Music tbh

(of course if it turns out he was a creep/republican/etc I will retract this statement)

The bit where he joins in singing with the kids for the first time since their mum died :sob: :sob: :sob:

3 Likes