RIP Harry Dean Stanton

Ah god, sad news. Great actor.

RIP

harry-dean-cat

I don’t know another actor who portrayed unspoken sadness like him. that aching thousand yard stare in Paris, Texas. so sad to see him go.

loved his last role in Twin Peaks.

This was a lovely scene from Twin Peaks:

haven’t seen anything since episode 13 for reasons (:grimacing: so glad it’s many times more niche than GoT and nobody’s spoiled it for me as yet), but that’s my favourite scene of the season as of where I am. just pure and disarming. felt like a moment of relief not just from the darkness and absurdity within the show, but real life too.

RIP :frowning: what a dude he was

Ah man, really sad. Cannot believe he was 91. RIP HDS

Such a dude.

26127B06-8AFD-4360-B70C-9BB1CA02AFE6-5792-000004C5F0A90487

RIP :frowning:

mentioned in the Twin Peaks thread, but he starred in an upcoming movie alongside David Lynch that was directed by John Carroll Lynch:

Aw shit

:frowning: what a great actor

Has anyone seen this? Pretty interesting insight to the man

I adore Paris, Texas. Easily one of my favorite films if not my #1. Hopefully some cinemas will have a showing to celebrate him and his work.

May give The Straight Story another watch this week too.

Tributes following death are always really positive, but seems to be a sense with those coming in this morning that he was a super nice/friendly guy and brilliant to be around.

damn, not happy about this

So many great roles. His scene in the Straight Story is short, almost wordless but so powerful

Really unnerves me when someone like this passes away and it’s immediately obvious that they’re completely revered but you’ve somehow failed to appreciate them while alive. Don’t think i saw a Phillip Seymour Hoffman film before he died. Have seen Stanton in…two things (Godfather II and Paris, Texas) of a 200-film career. Seems like exactly the kind of actor and subject i’d love as well. Obviously the stuff’s always there to investigate, but…

Watch Repo Man