RIP MF DOOM

Is that one of those US long display boxes that were around for a while?

It is, yeah. Saw someone post a photo of Mr Hood in one on Instagram ages ago and have been on the hunt ever since.

1 Like
1 Like

Amazing Instagram post.

Including shots of DOOM and Jnerio Jarel swapping outfits so DOOM didnā€™t have to do a Boiler Room set

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJohSj2FZPY/

4 Likes

3.50 postage!

4 Likes

benji b was all DOOM this week, re-ran his super, hour long interview with him, starts at 47 minutes inā€¦

Benji B - MF DOOM Tribute - BBC Sounds

4 Likes

thought Matt Baker from off of the One Show had been asking directly about Madvillainy represses

Hadnā€™t notice that but, lets just say while he filmed Countryfile Matt Baker rapped the entirety of All Caps for the film crew.

6 Likes

Been enjoying Stones Throw telling everyone who thinkā€™s it is his birthday that it isnā€™t his birthday this evening.

Iā€™ve got to admit I donā€™t know anybodies birthday. Although I do know Bowie died close to his. Probably just look it up on wikipedia like everybody else did.

Maybe itā€™s a DOOMposterā€™s birthday

No shortage of these, but really enjoyed MKā€™s tribute mixā€¦

1 Like

link?

Ah, balls. Preview isnā€™t working. Remove the space after .com/

www.mixcloud.com/ djmk/dj-mk-mf-doom-tribute-mix

1 Like

cheers pal

Not delved yet but The Witzard has been drawing together loads of tribute content to Doom with interviews, stories etc in the thread under this

Been listening to this today. Pretty awesome.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000rvbp

2 Likes

The DJ MK tribute is also on Bandcamp as a ā€˜name your priceā€™ download:

1 Like

Brilliant piece on DOOM supposedly living in Leeds (in particular a really quiet village just north) when he died.

12 Likes

Will have to give that a read later on

Had really hoped for posthumous music but itā€™s seeming less and less likely as time goes by that a treasure trove of unreleased material is going to emerge.

Guess I hope itā€™s a slow process because theyā€™re trying to do it right. Supposedly meant to at least be a fair amount of Madvillain, FlyLo x DOOM and Doomstarks material out there. But after years of rumours and false starts itā€™s hard to know the truth of it.