Rip off Britain

hahahaha. something about avocado having a terribly detrimental environmental knock-on in countries looking to make a quick buck on the back of cunt hipsters flavour of the month

The same can be said for any fruit or vegetable that has been imported, regardless of anything to do with “cunt hipsters”. I’'m not sure when I become the spokesperson for avocado loving hipsters because I don’t eat avocado. Or what that has to do with holiday privilege.

nope

you haven’t. I’ve got an issue with selfish avocado eaters. sorry to single you out

it has nothing to do with anything. sorry.

Do you care to elaborate on why that is not true?

it was all over the Guardian etc a couple of months back

there was also this thread at the time

avocado’s don’t taste of anything anyway. fuck em.

1 Like

That’s the wrongest thing anyone has posted in this thread of wrongness.

2 Likes

@bird I’m not denying that avocado has an impact on the countries. I’ve been to california where you can’t have a shower longer than 3 mins and can’t flush the toilet all the time because its so dry, and all the water is going on almonds and avocados. No one is moaning about almonds though, are they?

My point was that there is an environmental impact on any fruit that has been imported. Not just fancy “hipster” fruit and veg. Also avocados are over now and they have been shipped to the UK sine like the 1950s.

i’m going to Iceland on Friday. just done some cursory googling around the price of beer there. fml

I agree with his first statement and I like the second one but they do go well with other things.

Download Appy Hour badders, gives you a rundown of all pubs in Reykjavik (I’m assuming you’re going there?) and when they serve cheaper bottles of Gul et al.

my god man, your shoes are full of holes

massive shout - cheers Jezza

1 Like

You’re welcome chief! Have a grand time!

I’m moaning about almonds. Firstly because I think they’re rank. Secondly because their intensive farming in California is having a drastic effect on the honey bee population.

all valid points, and yep, I did not know about the almond thing. I dunno meo, I’ve hit a wall and would rather call this a score draw and talk about Cornflakes for the rest of the afternoon, if you don’t mind

cheaper than Lidl?

if beer is suddenly £11 a bottle in Lidl then yes, slightly cheaper

Have you downloaded the Airwaves App?

That’ll tell you where and when bands are playing free shows, so you can save a few bunce there.

You get to see stuff like this: Bo Ningen - Full Performance (Live on KEXP) - YouTube